SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Tails CD Details »»
Tails CD
Developer Last Online: Jun 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (12 votes - 4.58 average)
Released: 01-28-2016 Last Update: Never Installs: 7
Characters

I think everyone already knows what this is about.
*shrug*

Yeah, some Tails sprite rehaul, with slight gameplay changes such as the flight physics based on Sonic CD / 3.
I've put a lot of work in it, even if it could be better in some points, I believe, but, this aside, I hope you guys enjoy this! =P

Download Now

File Type: rar tailsCD.rar (253.5 KB, 309 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 04-02-2019   #62
carlrev

I have actually tried editing it myself to make it so I only get the sprite rehaul. But I can only change the HUD names and remove the slot in CHRSEL. How does one do it? Someone did the same thing to F. Sonic in a wad called 2.2SonicFIXED.wad. How do I do the same here?
carlrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019   #63
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrev View Post
I have actually tried editing it myself to make it so I only get the sprite rehaul. But I can only change the HUD names and remove the slot in CHRSEL. How does one do it? Someone did the same thing to F. Sonic in a wad called 2.2SonicFIXED.wad. How do I do the same here?
You don't; SRB2's vanilla Sonic uses "normal" sprites (which can be replaced), while SRB2's vanilla Tails and Knuckles (and all custom characters) use "skin" sprites that can't be replaced. (And, as far as I'm aware, SRB2 version 2.2+ will use "skin" sprites for the vanilla Sonic as well, making that method probably not even work for the vanilla Sonic in SRB2 versions from 2.2 and beyond.)

(You could make a freeslot for a new sprite name, then put custom Tails or Knuckles sprites in with that name, and use Lua stuff to make players using SRB2's vanilla Tails or Knuckles skins/characters use that custom sprite name instead of "PLAY" (while other skins/characters would still use "PLAY"). That requires some effort, though. Not much, but still more than none.)

Last edited by Zwip-Zwap Zapony; 04-02-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Fixed there being 4 linebreaks instead of 2 (likely) as a result of me using Mozilla Firefox
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019   #64
carlrev

(You could make a freeslot for a new sprite name, then put custom Tails or Knuckles sprites in with that name, and use Lua stuff to make players using SRB2's vanilla Tails or Knuckles skins/characters use that custom sprite name instead of "PLAY" (while other skins/characters would still use "PLAY"). That requires some effort, though. Not much, but still more than none.)[/QUOTE]

How would I do that? I have SLADE and I'm justing starting to leave Sonic Mania behind and start fresh in the world of SRB2 modding. This might be my next stage. Or could I take out the original Tails slot in the character select and replace it with Tails CD Tails?

Last edited by carlrev; 04-02-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2019   #65
Elyos03

Quote:
I've got something for you. It's in here along with some exotic addons. [snip]

(Elyos03 received an infraction for this post: Do not post someone else's work as your own, especially in yet another person's Releases topic.)

Last edited by D00D64; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019   #66
carlrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyos03 View Post
I've got something for you. It's in here along with some exotic addons. [snip]
OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD HOW DO YOU DO THAT? You always have exactly what I need, when I need it. Wow. You're amazing, you know that?! Thanks!

Last edited by D00D64; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2019   #67
Elyos03

Quote:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD HOW DO YOU DO THAT? You always have exactly what I need, when I need it. Wow. You're amazing, you know that?! Thanks!
Heh. At least you earn it, even if it wasn't ME who made up this site.
Old 04-03-2019   #68
carlrev

I found it: tails_lach.wad. Basically the only way to get Tails' new sprites without any additional functions. Thanks, Elyos03!
Old 04-10-2019   #69
Red The Pyrohog
The Proud Owner of Five OCs

Am I allowed to use this for my...

...I'm not allowed to use the sprites for my OC, am I?

(I ask because this is the next best thing to the 2.2 sprites)

By the way, Three out of Five of my OCs are canines., with Four being Female.
Red The Pyrohog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #70
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Okay guys, this is not the place to be sharing around downloads to random files. This is the thread for Tails CD, a character made by Lat'. Don't do this again. =|

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #71
carlrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Okay guys, this is not the place to be sharing around downloads to random files. This is the thread for Tails CD, a character made by Lat'. Don't do this again. =|
OK. Sorry for doing otherwise.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #72
Elyos03

Quote:
OK. Sorry for doing otherwise.
Yeah, you could of at least DM'd me. But that's no huge matter.