• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dark Dimension (scr_Darkdimension_b3.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry. D= I should of fixed that, its supposed to lead to some other path. *Blocks path*

Well, I played it and these are my thoughts:

Rocky Falls: I really had no problems with this level; the detail was nice. The only things I would suggest would be to expand the size of the level and of course use another gimmick besides buttons. Other than those things, Rocky Falls is a pretty solid zone.

Royal Palace: This level is actually pretty confusing, mostly because the textures are very disorientating in some portions of the level. It also felt pretty empty compared to Rocky Falls, though I understand that it is still under construction. I would suggest changing the textures to something more suitable for a palace and filling in the level with some more detail.

Twisted Temple: Obviously the level you spent the most time on. The flow feels good and it was a fun level until I reached the conveyor belt portion. The use of the belts was actually very creative in a 2D portion. However, the way it is executed doesn't allow the player to recover from falling and given 2D mode's awkward camera and even more awkward gravity changes, the player can easily fall off of the path and have no way to save themselves. You should come up with a way that would allow the player to come back from a sudden fall because dying due to something that wasn't your fault is lame. Those hangable chains within that same section should be positioned differently so that the player could reach them with a single jump instead of having to thok/fly/glide to the next one.

Overall, I think you should keep going with it; there is potential in your levels.

This Reminds me of sonic and the secret rings.I tried playing songs on background with a browser and putting the srb2 music down to 0 and listening to night palace on Youtube using a web browser to replace the music of the Castle Place(Not Twisted Temple.I used evil Foundry For that.)
with Night Palace.It Fits perfectly.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

This Rocks.I played the palace place with Night palace music instead of the one you put.It fits Perfectly.Than with the twisted temple I played with Evil Foundry music From sonic and the secret rings a.k.a Sonic Wildfire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the next version. AND FIX THE PIT!!!! :3

EDIT: Ok maybe I should add some criticism here. *clears thoat*

Rocky Falls: Like Djermy I really have no problems with this zone accept for how short it is. I do like the buttons and was sad to here you're removing them. I do also think a texture change MIGHT be in order but that's not really that important.

Royal Palace: Over all my favorite zone but you already knew that. Other then the inescapable pit I really have no problems with it. The textures seem fitting, it gives it a dreamy feel while still feeling unwelcoming like a haunted palace. Though I like the zone in it's current stage, it did feel like there should be a bit more to it. I would suggest expanding it at least a little bit.

Twisted Temple: This map did seem the most complete out of them all. The name doesn't exactly seem fitting considering you're in space and it doesn't even remotely resemble a temple. I liked how you made it equally difficult no matter what character you use. It's a definite challenge and it does, as Agent Hack said, feel like a relative of eggrock. *shot*

Overall, the mod is doing very well and I, as I said before, can't wait for the next version.

Last edited:
I've finnally tried Dark Dimension like I promised in that Server. I gotta say, Its Very Good! Although, Dark Dimension has some Problems. Firstly, it Lacks Maps, which I'm aware its currently in Beta. Secendly, In Royal Palace, You gotta fix that Pit, Considering Theres no way out unless using Knuckles(Or a Gliding Character), Or SMS(Or any other character who can go up that, I don't know about Tails). Lastly, Shorten the File name. Its a bit Long, and I'm sure not many people want to type "addfile scr_darkdimension-serverbeta2" on Console, Considering its such a Mouthful! Aaand thats about it. I rate it a 9/10. Needs work, but great! Keep up the good work!

Why not just "scr_darkdimension"?
I don't see why people are complaining about the long file name if they can simply rename it to whatever they want.

Why not just "scr_darkdimension"?
I don't see why people are complaining about the long file name if they can simply rename it to whatever they want.

Netgaming :P

Also, seriously guys, you REALLY don't have the old Launcher? It works with 2.0 just fine, aside from the color select in the multiplayer tab and OpenGL.

Eh, why not use DarkDimensionb3.wad DarkDimension3.wad or DarkDimension.wad.

Or just use the launcher. :/

Also, seriously guys, you REALLY don't have the old Launcher?
I think that's kinda besides the point - The launcher don't do you much good when you want to addfile a game in progress without forcing everyone to rejoin.

And although I admittedly I don't know the file system well, I'm PRETTY sure renaming files yourself would either create inconsistency issues or force people to redownload files that are the exact same thing with different filenames.

I think that's kinda besides the point - The launcher don't do you much good when you want to addfile a game in progress without forcing everyone to rejoin.

Well, usually, when a wad is added mid-game, I get kicked even if I have it, and think this tends to happen. Or maybe it's just me, since this rarely happens.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/darkbob1713/MMZ/

New progress!

Moonlit Mountain zone

Thats right, a new zone, Darkdimension now consists of 5 planned zones. =D

srb20011.png

srb20015.png

Act 1 is planned to be released next OLDC.

EDIT: also, scr_DarkDimensionb3.wad should work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The side texture SERIOUSLY needs to be bigger. It'd probably blend in at a distance. Hell, what's wrong with using the Jungle textures? They'd fit fine.

EDIT: Not only that, but they REALLY clash with those other textures.

Last edited:
Those pictures look pretty good, but I think you should try to have some texture variation on those walls; it could get really repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back