How did you get your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nickname come from name of my Sonic fan character Xkow.
Xkow is combination of four letters: X because it's my favorite letter,K is first letter of my last name and ow is because why not?
For just not giving only Xkow i added 1818 which seems a cool combination of numbers.
My curret nickname Xkower8181 came to me that i was thinking when i add er to Xkow it will sound cooler and i din't wanted to remove numbers so we have Xkower8181!

Well, when I was a wee little lad of naught but 10, my first username was SS3 Kirby.

... Thank god that didn't stick.

Probably by the time I was 11, I got sucked into Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction. Of course, that led to my trying to create OCs that I could input into my own fanfictions. "Emerald" was just some awful chaos emerald/homunculus type creature that was a blatant recolor of Shadow, but with pants. Even though I never wrote anything about the character past the age of 11, I took his name for my own and left it unchanged until my senior year of High School.

Having just finished two long Kappa Mikey fanfictions that I of course thought were the hottest shit, the next thing I turned my writing hands towards was the Mega Man Legends universe. I'd recently replayed and beaten both games, and my excitement for the series was at an all time high. I joined the Legends Station forum in preparation for my next writing endeavor, and on a whim, added "Legendary" before my username during the sign-up process.

And that's how I became "Legendary Emerald." Not through deed or rite, but through the fandoms I had walked through. Truly a thrilling tale for the ages. I cried just a little bit while writing it.

Just like any other surfer, wanted a nickname that would identify me wherever I was.

So while I take a ridiculous time, it occurred to me Volkatrace. This was a combination of my last name with some things I like, and I wanted to give the impression of sounding like "Alcatraz", an iconic flower also known as Easter lily.

"I Can Has Cheezburger?" was a site I joined back in 2010 because I loved the concept of the lolcats and especially "the LOL Builder," where you can create your own text-filled pictures of whatever. I was boring and chose something that had relevance to cats and lolspeak, katwover123. "Cat lover (numbers)." I made some terrible creations at the time, and eventually grew tired of it all, so I just quietly left the weblog. I only visit the place now and then to reminisce on what I've done, like make an image that actually made the front page once. I assure you, it's very embarrassing to page through 95 images I once thought were cool to create and look at.

I also joined Wizard101 around that time, by the name Stormycloud123456. I know it was based on my character's school of magic, but still, ugh. Whenever I feel like it, I do play Wizard101, but nowhere near as often as I once did.

For Spore, I went by rocratte, after one of my Creature Creations in the demo. I left Spore after a recent computer crash, and losing a majority of my creations in the process. I think it's best to not use that name anymore, frankly. It looks too girlish, and I don't want anyone to think I'm female, because I'm not.

For more recent things, I derived my Cheezburger username, ditched the numbers and capitalized to become Katwover; whether it be my username for my 3DS or PS3, or something more serious, it's my main username now, and I'm sure it'll stay for a while.

Do I really need to explain my name? Just, its freaking MUDKIP. Also, look up the copypasta for mudkip. That should clarify any questions, or create more. Either way, mission accomplished.

Thanks to many, MANY typos me and my friends did when we were "drunk" (not really, just plain dumb) someone ended up typoing "Mayhemo" into "Moehemo" (don't ask me, okay?)
I just had to stick it with. hey, moe sounds adorable.

Jet Kirby, my past and unoriginal name was because I loved that ability in Kirby Super Star.

Ryuspark, my current and more original name, came from one of my Maplestory characters. I thought I was only going to use this name once, but I actually started to like the name. So I decided to stick with on fourms and MMOs.

Name was previously Shadowdude (I liked Shadow the Hedgehog when I was 9).

Then I got lazy of typing in Shadowdude every time I would play games so I just put DUDE. People question all the time "why is your name in all caps?" Its mainly because srb2 1.09.4 only had caps so I just stuck with it.

My original name is ChaosX79,
Out in the space, the Prime X went to space on seven (7) of september (9), it went unstable and exploded, expanding Chaos all over the universe.
I picked VirtualBlitz because I tried having different usernames.

Well, Basically Doom has been my favorite game since I remember, like, 8 years already? This username was only choosen because apparently other names were taken, but I think my name will fit in with no problem.

Looking back nearly 10 years ago at the age of 14, I thought having Hyperknux for short instead of Hyper Knuckles would of sounded cooler. It was all in capital letters once before I requested most of it to be lower case. I usually go as IcyAltair around other communities now. On that note, I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years...

For me it's simple: People on internet misspell Salminen, so I had to make up a short name that's easy to say and write. (It's now 6-7 years old name)

I originally wanted the username Dreamcaster, but it was taken by a dead 2007 account.

I named myself arcade gamer because I been a fan of namco arcade games since I was a little kid.

And now it drives me nuts on netgames how I name myself Dreamcaster and people say "i thought you were a arcade gamer, dreamcast isn't a arcade game you idiot"

Last edited:
I had a wombat character I created way back in elementary school. So I've always kind of associated my myself with them, especially in regards to usernames.

The "warlord" was probably added because of alliteration and the "777" was tacked because back in 2008, I thought all good online personas had numbers tacked onto the end.

Now I kind of wish I went with "Wombat777" or just "Wombat" or something. The whole thing is such a pain to type out after you clear your cookies or whatever.

Is it just something you randomly typed up? Is it a name you picked when you were just a kid, and now regret it?
I could not have said it any better. would be so happy if I could change it...
Now that I think about, It does not sound so bad, or does it?

Last edited:
Ehhh... Well...
I played Super Mario Bros LONG TIME ago, I completely liked Yoshi for some reason. (Even i Liked Sonic & Tails back then!)
I first started playing online back on 2008 if i can recall correctly.
So i thought, "Use Yoshi as your nick" then i thought of adding something else, AND IT WAS 'SMB', for some reason i don't know why i put it.

Now i pretty much stick with it, I kinda like it!

*Side-nicks: RaM The Fox (Only on net-play games), RaM The Riolu {Yea... it's the same, but whatever}

Last edited:
My Name

Well, it's an interesting story, err... how can i start? Oh, i know!
It was a friday, august in 2014 i was sick of my old username since it was connected to
cancerous fandoms.
At the time i was making stupid questions in Omegle. (you could call it... Trolling? i guess?)
One of them was about making bestiality acts legal Worldwide (i made up a history where i was a 20 year old who had sexual relationships with animals since "I" was 12, especially with my cat) everyone got stupdily mad at the question. (As you should know i'm famous for flaming, obviously i'm not going to do bullcrap in here, i don't know, i have sympathy with this board/forum.)

> "GreatestIdeaInHistory.GIF"

Thus, Kitty Rapist has born

People overreact at it until these days, best idea i had in years...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back