Multiplayer Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild_One

Alright. This problem has been occurring since I've gotten the final updated version of SRB2ME. Apparently, multiplayer has been abit of a...how should I say...pain in one's backside. So...I thought that someone could help us out abit.

The multiplayer option seems to have a bit trouble for my brothers as well as myself. I'll make an example to have this abit more clear to you.

My younger brother would start a server on his laptop, which is faster than mines. Our youngest brother is capable connecting to his game server, despite his laptop being the slowest of the three of us. But, when I try to connect, I can't find my brother's server in the list nor does finding his IP in order to connect. And when I do try connecting with IP, I don't connect to the game but our youngest brother is given a sock send error and kicked off.

So...I assume this might be one of those bugs mentioned by the creators of this game. I've tried what I know as well as what my younger brother suggested. I added the program to my firewall to allow its access to the Internet. That didn't work. I disconnected from local LAN to wireless to see if that was the problem. That didn't work as well and it made connection worse for everyone in the household (thus the reason I stay connected to local). Then, I tried allowing the program and port through my security, staging that might be the problem. Still...we got the same results. No sight of my brother's server on the list and no access to his IP. The same problem occurs when I host the game. They don't see mines nor can access it through IP address connection. So apparently, it's either the multiplayer being the pain in the arse or my laptop is just rejecting access to playing multiplayer with not just my brothers, but sometimes other players. But that's the problem we seem to have come across.

So...does anyone have a solution to our problem? Alittle help would be nice. I don't mind playing the game alone from time to time, but I downloaded the game in the first place to spend time with my brothers other than on our systems and my college work. So if you have any advice to this problem, post it and be serious about it. (I don't want any trash-talk on this.)

You could put this in the bug report topic?

Type in LISTSERV in the console. See if his server pops up. And if you don't see his server. Check the master server list.

Oh, and joining by I.P IMO is awful. It doesn't work most of the time for me. And are you sure your ports are correct? (5029 IIRC)

Autosaver said:
Oh, and joining by I.P IMO is awful. It doesn't work most of the time for me. And are you sure your ports are correct? (5029 IIRC)
Then you're doing something wrong. Joining through the master server is basically joining by IP but with a list to select from.

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
Then you're doing something wrong. Joining through the master server is basically joining by IP but with a list to select from.

I don't know, it might be the hosts fault. As I tried to join Kyas's server. Then he ended up telling me its not working.

Well, I know that I'm on the right port. It doesn't make much sense really. I can connect perfectly on the previous version, but on this one, I'm lucky if any servers show in the list even after I check with LISTSERV. I've checked with that and I see servers on, but I can't access them. I even checked the master-server list and players were on. But when I went to either the local list or get in by IP, I don't get any sign of downloading at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back