• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tidbit's titanic and tantalizing map development thread that tickles thousands

Status
Not open for further replies.
That gargoyle is sexy as hell, man. I wish I had that sprite around when I originally made ATZ's trapgoyles...
If you want I can give you the assets, I think they'd fit in really nicely with that maps aesthetic.

Also,
I love how they turned out. The only angle that seems to stand out the most is the back diagonal, due to it having too much brightening on the rear, and too much shading on the top of the head. Would look more consistent if you tried to make it match how the light affects the back angle sprite more.
I noticed the issue with his ass last night before I went to bed but I didn't notice the inconsistencies with the lighting on his head, thanks for pointing that out, Roach.
2016-08-29%2016_21_27-SLADE.png

I really like the texture choices on that level, did you make it yourself?

Very nice!!

I don't note many slopes in that level design, but other than that it looks pretty cool.

Very detailed! Lots of things will distract me if i get to play this lol

I really like the texture choices on that level, did you make it yourself?
Aside from the DSZ, MZ and rock/dirt textures (and some vines etc), yes. I made all the other textures myself. I actually have an image of some of them on the first page of the topic c: . Also, some textures were made by Spherallic (creator of Seraphic Skylands, its a great map you should check it out!) but I've replaced most of the ones he gave me permission to use.

Very nice!!
I don't note many slopes in that level design, but other than that it looks pretty cool.
Glad you like it so far! The path shown in the gif is actually only one of many available to you at the start of the map.
Slopes are something I've been implementing a bit sparingly at the moment. I started this level about 2 years ago so its been a little difficult to get into the habit of using them. I do plan on using them more in certain areas so stay tuned~

Very detailed! Lots of things will distract me if i get to play this lol

I'm glad you like the details, I like to think they're my best skill in making levels. Hopefully things wont be too distracting though!

I should have some more to show today; I'm really glad that you all like what I've shown so far <3

Last edited:
You're still working on it! Awesome!!

Do you have an overall layout figured out or is it still kind of an octopus of dead end paths?

Also, what music are you using? I think of Tidal Tempest when I see these screenshots but not every big beautiful water-themed level can have that music I suppose.

I'm using one of the DSZ tracks, the slower more ambient one I believe. The layout is still being worked on but I think I'm going to do something similar to The Mystic Realms AGZ Act 4 where you have different paths and have to complete them to open more of the main path! Either that or I'll have keys instead of switches and so on and so forth; I've always wanted the level to be more free roam than linear and heavily directed. I would've had more done but I was piddling around with the idea of having character switching, dialog from Tails and Knux and a bit of a story woven into things where Sonic and Co are vacationing on an island and Sonic falls into a cavern after exploring while bored. Though the scope of all that was just WAY too big for just me to complete, so I'm back to some more original ideas and thats working out way better than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back