Teleporter problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppyfaic

Okay, so I'm trying to make a 2d race wad in which Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are all put on seperate paths utilizing their unique abilities, then teleport back to the beginning to start another lap through the separate courses once they reach the end.

The only problem - They keep teleporting onto different tracks each time! Sonic seems to keep shuffling between his and Tails' paths(bottom-most and middle), Tails suffers the same fate, and I haven't been able to properly test Knuckles' path yet(top one(No paths are done. They're all just big flat runways at the moment.)) My only guess is that I have all the linedefs for Sonic and Tails' paths on the same sector, and they need to be on seperate sectors?

How can I solve this so that they all teleport back to the beginning of their respective paths? Click the link below to take a look at the map.

Help me!

Edit: Oops, accidentally posted this in Help. Could someone move this to Editing Help? I always get the two confused. X_X

inb4 any 'lolyouknowitsnotpossibletomakeabalancedcircuitmap' -ish stuff

Last edited:
You have a sector that has two triggers and two executors. You can't do that. When a trigger is called, ALL executors in the same sector will execute. That means in your case that the game tries to teleport the player to two different places at once, with one of them taking precedence. To fix it, only use one trigger-executor system per control sector, i.e. make two different sectors out of it.

You don't seem to have anything locking Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles onto a certain path. Player start things are not assigned to a certain character, someone using Sonic could spawn on either of the three start things in a race. On that subject, 3 starts is not enough. This is possible by starting all players on the same path, then using player specific teleports to send them to their respective paths.

What I was going to do, and am currently doing, was have the sectors the players spawn in also run scripts that force the player who spawned on them to change into the respective character. Eg. A player spawns on Sonic's path, a script that has "Skin Sonic" typed into it will run, and they will play along Sonic's path as Sonic. Same thing goes for the rest of the characters.
Edit: Turns out what I said before doesn't work in multi. Why, STJR, why? ;__;

You have a sector that has two triggers and two executors. You can't do that. When a trigger is called, ALL executors in the same sector will execute. That means in your case that the game tries to teleport the player to two different places at once, with one of them taking precedence. To fix it, only use one trigger-executor system per control sector, i.e. make two different sectors out of it.

Ahh, that's what I figured it was. Thanks!
Mods, feel free to do away with this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back