knuckles.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My edit was a updated crest, added the grey dots here and there for the SRB2 look, and I think I reshaded the soles of the shoes.

Dr.Pepper said:
Guys, looked at the palette for one damned minute, I used those blues for a good reason. I didn't think I'd have to, but I guess I'll just have to post a screen shot. D:
srb20026-4.png

Screwed up on the color mapping a little bit, (the shine spot isn't even supposed to be that visible) but you get the idea. Also, he does have a little shine to him in the original Megadrive games.

Alright, then change the lightsource to being on top of him rather than directly in front of him. The way you have it makes it look like Knuckles has a big blue thing on his forehead. Essentially, the problem is somewhat of a case of pillow shading.

The startcolor is off on your wad, Dr.P
Fix it.
Or if you're wanting that thing to be there, use a shade of grey rather than blue.

The funny thing is, I got the start color right, it's just that I accidentally saved the sprite as a 256 color bitmap and it screwed up, for some reason. >_> Saving it as 24-bit fixed that.
Blue Warrior said:
Alright, then change the lightsource to being on top of him rather than directly in front of him. The way you have it makes it look like Knuckles has a big blue thing on his forehead. Essentially, the problem is somewhat of a case of pillow shading.
I see what you're saying now, sorry I was being stubborn about it before. >_>
KNUXA1-6.png

I changed it so that there's just two colors in the center to fill in all that blank space on his forehead. His muzzle was a little fatty too, so I changed that, along with darkening the shading around his eyes.
Here's how it looks in game:
srb20029-3.png

How does this look now?

Close enough for government work. Hey, now Tikal will have another playmate! (Now that I think about it, it's been ages since I've gotten time to work on her)

EDIT: It's also been ages since I've played SRB2, I'll have to play a netgame sometime in the near future (like when my dad can't see me dump that blasted McAfee firewall he keeps putting on my computer)

Chrispy said:
He looks like a thinner version of KnuxCE
I just started noticing the similarities myself, as I haven't picked apart your animated gif to see CE's front sprite in detail until just a minute ago. I need to go make some more differences...

I'll do that once I'm done with the rest of the standing angles. If I had any idea posting that one sprite was going to claim three whole pages, I would have created a topic for it in the first place, sorry about that. Then again, what was I expecting? It happened every time in Blaze's Release topic. :P

Probably not. He probably just used the superbattle soc. Any character that doesn't have a decent superform for that soc glitches.

No it hasn't been edited.
And Foxblitzz is correct, you, sir, are the noob.
I'm the one that made this wad and I think it sucks. I made this a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back