How long have you been on Srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember how long I've been playing Srb2, but I know it's been a long time. I started looking at this forum in about 2009 or 2010, and joined in 2012

I only came on the mb to tear apart people who thought they were hot shit with their "mods" and brought back a dose of reality to things....

Ohey, Kroze. The guy who made me change SRB2 KOTE to SRB2 Chaos Domain and slapped me senseless for miss tagged death pits, long time no see. :P

Somewhere around 07', I think. I've been on the forums for a while, kinda. There was that long stretch where I got really mad because grammar and left, but that's not a thing any more.

I feel old myself. I've been playing for 8 years.. out of every version I've played so far, the Final Demo 1.09.4 is my favorite, and trust me, I've played all the archives.

Started playing SRB2 in version 1.09.2, looked it up and it seems that was 8 years ago, can't believe it's been that long.

Started playing SRB2 in version 1.09.2, looked it up and it seems that was 8 years ago, can't believe it's been that long.

I've started about at this point too. At that time, I was a single player and a private RolePlayer (Which was illegal at the time on servers). Time sure pass.

I've been playing since 2007, me and my Brother found a youtube video of SRB2, we decided to look it up, I remember when we actually used the split screen option.

I first discovered srb2 back in 2008 thanks to a youtube video. i played in single player for a while. then one day i tried to do multiplayer. but no servers came up. so then i found out that there was a later version [2.0] and i played for a while in multiplayer and had fun with it. i discovered the mb sometime in 2012 but i never actually joined until earlier this year.

I believe I've been playing off and on since 2006, I believe the version that was available at the time was... 1.09.4. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I thought it was a good game, if very short, it only had 3 zones in the entirety of the game back then.

The very first time I've saw information on Sonic Robo Blast II was back in 2003, but never played it until 2005. Quit for 2 years until I got my then-new computer and played the hell out of it till 2010. Now the update brought me back.... even though it has major flaws.

Since a little before my join date.
But I do miss the keyboard that I used with my old hunk-o-junk XP computer, which would still work, but the BIOS (not the hard drive, oddly) has futzed out. The keyboard's not even USB, so I can't use it with this laptop, like I do the mouse. (which is taped together on the bottom, for Pete's sake)

The laptop keyboard doesn't work at all with my nonstandard key set. Perhaps it's time to relearn for 2.1...

I have been playing SRB2 since 1.09.4, wjen wads were booming over the forum. I miss those days and hopefully it will happen again with all these new features and stuff.

Sometimes I wonder how long I've been playing this game, and then I realize SRB2 is practically part of my childhood. I can't believe I'm reaching adulthood and still enjoy playing/editing this game. I blame a lot of you great and entertaining people in this community!

Aside from that, I've found out about SRB2 back in 2004 looking for some Sonic fan games on the internet. I remember being practically obsessed with Sonic Heroes and when I completed it, I wanted to play more Sonic games. Unfortunately at the time there weren't a lot of new games coming out for some time, so I did go on the internet to look for more downloadable Sonic games.

After finding SRB2, I remember playing 1.08 with my younger brother. I still remember Chaos mode and several old stages. Can't say I know them from the top of my head.

Around 2006 I did try to join IRC, however, I still remember getting banned from #srb2fun due to being that typical annoying and rude kid. I don't remember what I did, and I don't think I want to. I don't even remember this period that much, other than getting kicked out from the room.

I joined again around 2008 after playing 1.09.4 and begun just making friends from the Master Server who invited me to their IRC room. Found out I could draw and begun doing sprites for the game.

tl;dr version: Started playing SRB2 in 2004 and joined the community in 2008.

I love a bunch of you guys for the years. May have some people I can't tolerate, but I do know there are more great and nice people here than there are preposterous people.

Playing since 07' Until..... uhmmmm......... FOREVER!!1!!11!! 8D

I was around YT looking for some stupid funny videos like parodies(that time were cows eated dinosaurs :D) until I found that weird abreviation called "Srb2", certainly the video was called "i don't remember", I tipycally clicked on the video, since the first word of the video was S, meaning to my point of view, Sonic, the video showed Sonic on CEZ2 of Srb2 1.09.4 :D, and then I saw tails in GFZ2 flying everywhere looking for enemies, that 3D enviroment, and that soundtrack sounded and looked perfectly amazing, and then I just kept watching Srb2 gameplay videos until 09'. That day I looked for the official Srb2 website, I entered and I really ignored the main download page xD, and I went to the Archieved Versions page, the first thing I felt was pure nostalgia remembering those videos combined with the Genesis era.
Without words, I clickled 1.09.4 version. And since that day I had aLOT of fun, I was always looking for emblems, EVEN I remember EVERY location of 1.09.4 emblems! And when I seen MD2s? Pffffff.......... I can't tell much, I spent hours and hours playing with MD2. Later came the advanced stuff, 2.0.X and 2.1.

I joined the community just now because I just want to share my love for Srb2 with you, just like all of you do with all of us(ok I got confused xD), and I want to thank STJr for making Srb2 that formd part of my childhood(Don't mind me, I'm even younger than a 16 years old guy...... What? Is that strange?). Wow, Every time I read my own story, I think of Aerial Garden Zone's song.

That's how I met Srb2 and it's amazing style and design.
5 Years playing Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Last edited:
Well according to the created dates on my original SRB2 files, I've been playing since January 20, 2011, so three years.

Pretty sure I just found the game via a Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back