Can I use 1 maincfg for multiple levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Metal

ZNemeald
I pretty much have my maincfg as:

Level 1
LevelName = World 1-1
MusicSlot =
NextLevel = 2
TypeOfLevel = 768
SkyNum = 1

Level 2
LevelName = World 1-2
MusicSlot =
NextLevel = 3
TypeOfLevel = 768
SkyNum = 1

It works but nextlevel always take me to Eggman.

Double-check the typeoflevel. I'm assuming you're making an SP map? Add 4096 to both of them. Mario and 2D are modifiers; they're not gametypes on their own.

Yes it work now. Thank you and does slumped need a pallete? I am not going to use XWE because it keeps screwing PNAMES up.

Funny because I just tried SLADE a minute ago before retrying SLumpED.

I don't know how to import the srb2 PNAMES into the PNAMES that it made me use. Just adding the textures to Texture1 and deleting the dummy and ignoring the PNAMES adding problem created the "WARNING: Texture patches for contain invalid header information." on DB and signal violation on Srb2 and not appearing on the texture list for DB.

Last edited:
Or else, I have another method. Like you, I could not bring my custom textures. I already had this case.
So I copied the PNAMES and the TEXTURE2 of another wad, which textures work, and I glued these two lumps in my wad. (I of course removed all textures contained in TEXTURE2, and I also removed the names of textures in PNAMES).

From there, if you want to add a texture, you must just rename TEXTURE2 to TEXTURE1, and add your textures ! When you're done, rename TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2 for "lock". Of course, do not forget to also add the textures names in PNAMES. Help yourself from the SRB2 Wiki for more information.

By using Explorer's idea but with Srb2 on slade and a bit of experimenting, I found out how to use textures with but it ended the same like when use SLumpED.

Untitled-1.png

It is white when supposed to be black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back