How do I get a game advertised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I_Error(): UDP_Socket error #10013: Unknown error
I_Error(): SOCK_Get error #10038: Unknown error

Ok I made sure I did everything right, but I still get these 2 errors.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I can't join games anymore because of these to errors.

EDIT: I still can't host. These are the settings I put in:
Under Enable I Checked the box. Under Description I put SRB2. Under Inbound Port I put 5029. Under Type I put UDP.
Under Private Address I put 192.168.2.50. Under Private Port I put 5029 again. Now please tell me what I did wrong. I tried disabling the firewall, but I still get an error that says to try to either disable your firewall or reboot your pc. I tried both and still nothing. Do I have to add the port into the firewall and make an exception?

Last edited:
Meh, I can't get my port forwarded, my dad didn't keep the manual of the router, so I'm not even sure which one it is, and when I downloaded something that I think that's the forwarder it said something about that I'll need to return it to original state if that's not it or else its screwed up, and I don't know how to do that, so I'll just wait for a professional's help...

Torgo said:
The problem about portforward.com, while helpful, has an advertisement to PFconfig even though you don't need it. Some users think that this is what they need to forward their ports, and don't realize that it isn't part of the instructions. If you skip the advertisment though, you should be able to configure your router using the steps they give you.

Configuring any router follows similar steps.

1. The first step is to type your default gateway into your address bar. It is normally 192.168.1.1. If you see a screen asking for your username and password, then you typed the right thing and go to step 3. If not, go to step 2.
2. Here is how to find out your default gateway if it isn't 192.168.1.1. Click on Start, then click on run, then type in cmd. This will get you to the command prompt. Once you are in command prompt, type in ipconfig. It should look like the image below.

halpf.png

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 668x331.

The thing in red is the number you are looking for. Type that into the browser.
3. You will have to figure out what your default password and username is. On Linksys routers its "admin" for both user and password. On Netgear Routers its "admin" for username and "password" for password. If it is neither of these are your router, then you can either find that out in your router manual or find it out on the port forward site (just ignore the PFconfig stuff and skip the advertisement.)

4.Look for a tab with a name like, "Port Forwarding" or "Applications and Gaming"
5. If your router asks you whether to open ports for TCP or UDP select UDP. Some routers offer a from port ___ to port ___, you would put 5029 on both.

6. The IP you want it forwarded to can be found using ipconfig. Click on Start, then click on run, then type in cmd. This will get you to the command prompt. Once you are in command prompt, type in ipconfig. It should look like the image below.

640px-Ipconfig.JPG

Look for the IP address and type that into the IP address that you want the ports to be forwarded.

Yep, that should do it.

I kinda saw that qoute, yet it doesn't help me much. I guess I don't understand english that well. I'll just wait for a professional to help me on this, but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back