I need Help hosting a Net Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i have a tp-link router and i put in port: 5029 my ip and upd and enabeled it

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

that didn't work i put 5029 at the end and it saied bad ip

What the heck dude, my router model doesn´t appear in the list, my router is Edimax AR-7082, and there isn´t such router there. What´s this? Some kind of joke?

Sorry to get a little off-topic, but I REALLY need some help with port forwarding.

I have followed every single detail one by one on how to forward ports here.

Despite this, when I check if port # 5029 is forwarded, it's usually a no. Before any of you ask questions or call me stupid: I did check my IP address (192.168.1.1) and I typed it in the IP address bar, the "block anonymous internet requests" checkbox is OFF, firewall protection is disabled, I typed the port (5029) in both the start and end tabs, protocol is set to both, and of course the "enabled" checkbox is checked.

I wish I didn't have to be that technical, but I just really want to be able to host servers properly. I checked tutorials from everywhere under the sun and they never work. So I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what I'm missing here.

The protocol is only supposed to be set to UDP not both. I made the same mistake the first time and that and my routers firewall kept me from hosting. For those who are reading this remember set the protocol to UDP only. If the website says both then it has made a mistake, it should be UDP.

The protocol is only supposed to be set to UDP not both. I made the same mistake the first time and that and my routers firewall kept me from hosting. For those who are reading this remember set the protocol to UDP only. If the website says both then it has made a mistake, it should be UDP.

I set the protocol to UDP and it still doesn't work, I even tried TCP.

I think you sud use PF program.Wich stands for Port Forwarding.

It makes your life so much easy when it come to Port Forwarding

You sud beabil to get it in the same site you just posted.

You need to forward both UDP and TCP, if I recall. If it's not working and you forwarded both, you did something else wrong.

Forwarding both is what I already did last time. I followed the instructions as closely as I possibly could. Maybe I just simply can't host.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of what I typed:
lollololo.png

Also, I did click save at the bottom of the screen. :|

Last edited:
Uh..... The IP address have to be marked with YOUR address not the default gateway address.

I tried putting both for the protocol and I wasn't able to host last time. Also what PHCC said you need to put your computers IP address not the default gateway address.

yes i need no more help

where it says ip type in what u find when u use run cmd something like that. get the ip from there and put it in the ip box

No, it is your password to your router. I have put some default passwords on my post, but yours may be different. If it is different, then either find out what your username and password is in your router's manual, or go to the portforward site and BE SURE TO CLICK SKIP ADVERTISEMENT WHEN IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT PFconfig. You don't need PFconfig to forward your ports.

Can't find the name of the router on it, or its manual (Maybe I'll ask my dad, he probably got it or threw it away). So I can't check on portforwad.com.
Tough I DID find SOMETHING. On the bottom of the router it said RTA770W... I tried searching that on the router list on portforward.com, with no luck.
Edit: Found (Probably) what's my router. Also, how do I open my firewall stuff to "enable" the porting like some people said here? I know nothing about computers probably...
Edit2: It starts saying stuff about how I'll need to go and make it all normal if the IP or router I putted in is wrong, so I'll just wait for a professional...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back