mt_checkeredarena

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
My first wad released into public, Checkered Arena.
Since a picture says more (and people won't download without screens), here are a few:
srb20010.png

The top of the arena.
srb20011.png

One of the 16 rooms (they're all identical) where you start.
srb20009.png

The bottom of the arena.
(Thanks to Simsmagic for telling me how to remove the console)

-Also, look out for the bonuses in the hiding holes, there are 32 of them.
-Not much scenery because of lag issues and some other unknown errors.
-Look out for the death pits and have fun!

And, before I forget:
New version

The new version, with tiny improvements:
-Items on the pillars
-Bridge height fixed
-Border around starting field removed

Code:
"Bind x screenshot", Press X to take a screenshot without the console in the way.

Looks interesting, I'll go ahead and test it out.

The only flaw I can see is that a ring of grass surrounds the field above the underground spawn points. Getting rid of that might make the level look slightly nicer. But otherwise, this is the first decent map after a long spell of n00bism!

In a contest, I'd give it a 6/10. It's decent, but rather generic and unmemorable. I liked that you hid powerups and monitors under the grass though.

Just one thing, I would make the bridge FOF's ceiling height match the floor height of the upper field. It would make it look like it belongs there.

It was very generic, as said before, but I liked the hidden stuff and the z range that many match maps lack.

I'd give it a 7/10.

Simsmagic said:
Code:
"Bind x screenshot", Press X to take a screenshot without the console in the way.

Looks interesting, I'll go ahead and test it out.
Thanks for the tip.

fawfulfan said:
The only flaw I can see is that a ring of grass surrounds the field above the underground spawn points. {...} But otherwise, this is the first decent map after a long spell of n00bism!

Fixed in the new version, and thank you.

ghostintheshell0225 said:
Just one thing, I would make the bridge FOF's ceiling height match the floor height of the upper field. It would make it look like it belongs there.

Also fixed.

And, check first post for new version.

Question: Can someone test this map in a netgame? I can't host and I live in a different timezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back