Ash's Generic SRB2 Questions

hi, quick question; was wondering about something. are parabolic slopes a thing? or would simulating this be more of a hack?

i've been gone a while so slopes in general are quite new to me, and i'm only just digging through the wiki page on them

Slopes are entirely plane-based, so making parabolic curves still requires hacks, mostly in the form of "stacking many slopes together".

is there a significant performance hit if a lot of slopes are present on-screen? can't find a ton of info about their performance impact

Any damage you could do with slopes won't be as bad as it would have been if you had tried to "fake" slopes with extremely tiny stairs in 1.09. I imagine most of the overhead nowadays comes from mobj thinkers.

Any damage you could do with slopes won't be as bad as it would have been if you had tried to "fake" slopes with extremely tiny stairs in 1.09. I imagine most of the overhead nowadays comes from mobj thinkers.

oh god, i remember all of the workarounds similar to this one to get fake slopes working, including using mid-textures at different heights on very tightly-packed linedefs. never again

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back