No Spanish Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
I recently witnessed a kick, without mercy or warning, because a player was speaking Spanish with me. He didn't know any other language and I was helping him out. After the kick occured, the server said "No Spanish lol". I asked the server why the kick took place, and the server replied:"I couldn't understand him". This all took place in qwerthoneywaffles server.

Opinions?

Seems fair enough, I was kicked from a foreign server once for speaking english.

Of course, I challenged that as an injustice, so I suppose I'll this as well. The chat system isn't really vital for gameplay, so I do consider it pretty stupid. Not anything we can really do though.

Only reason I would see for kicking someone who doesn't speak English, is if they live an a country far enough away that it lags your game.

I had a guy who only spoke French who came to my server. He didn't lag, so I didn't care. I actually tried to talk to the guy with the help of an internet translator.

<Jazz> Changer le nom se vou plait?

You can speak to someone privately in a game by using the SAYTO command

Playing on a foreign server has no bonuses and is generally laggy. However, if the server is situated in America, it should be English-speaking players (this goes into an opinion that shan't be expressed here). Otherwise the server should be denoted in English that it is for Spanish-speaking players.

Well, this player wasn't lagging. It seems he just had moved here and is new to the game. He openly asked what "lag" meant, and when I replied the next thing I know this person is kicked. Now, he has made a couple of servers labeled "Spanish Only" but of course that is already a sign meaning that he wanted someone who he could understand...

Please tell me you don't want me now teaching more people to learn English >_> I already have enough with translating SRB2 (which reminds me to continue it, through it seems I translated a lot already).

In my opinion kicking the guy only for speaking only Spanish was a bit harsh on the part of the server owner.
It's likely the guy would have understood very basic english, after all SRB2 is all in english and I think he already figured what many things mean.
But I also think that to relate with anglophones you should know English at an at least decent level.
So are you translating SRB2 in Spanish? Neat, as I'm the only Italian here that has been present for a big period of time (it's almost three years), I could do an italian translation.

EDIT:
@Sik: Shouldn't "you don't want me now teaching more people to learn English" be "you don't want me to teach to more people to learn English now"?

Sik said:
Please tell me you don't want me now teaching more people to learn English >_> I already have enough with translating SRB2 (which reminds me to continue it, through it seems I translated a lot already).

Translating SRB2 into what language?

Ice said:
Sik said:

Translating SRB2 into what language?
Spanish. :P
Sik's argentinian.

tails92 said:
EDIT:
@Sik: Shouldn't "you don't want me now teaching more people to learn English" be "you don't want me to teach to more people to learn English now"?
With that you've explained why I don't want XD

Actually, you were closer, Sik.

"You don't want me teaching other people English."

Just take out the now, it's a useless interjection.

Chaos said:
I've seen things that don't allow ENGLISH. So this doesn't really make a difference.

Did a kick take place without warning? That's what made me post this, if the server is labeled, than I don't think it's as bad...

I still really don't understand why he'd kick him. Who CARES if someone is speaking spanish? It doesn't affect the game. I mean people swear on servers and no one kicks them.

I was kicked from a server for speaking spanish once...No warning,
no nothing, just a kick. I thought it was screwed up. I also think this case
is screwed up. Chat isnt mandatory in single player, so who cares about it
in netplay? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back