• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystical Heavens level pack UPDATE JFZ1v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said: This is only a PREVIEW; It's not done yet(obviously). I just wanted to get this out there to see if I'm on the right track.

Last edited:
Also, what hallways? There aren't that many of them there. And when it's finished, they won't be empty; they'll have enemies in them and scenery.

Well, they ARE kind of empty, just because they're hallways. You need to put more scenery and fix the DSZ copied waterslide area.And you need to fix the lake/pond on the FOF at the end; you can go right through it. Nice idea with the upper path or lower path multiple path thing. And of course the lake on top of an FOF, I believe, is an idea that wasn't used in SRB2 at all.

Last edited:
Also, what hallways? There aren't that many of them there. And when it's finished, they won't be empty; they'll have enemies in them and scenery.
Of course there aren't many. The level isn't exactly long enough to have more... The problem lies not only in the visuals. Hallways consist solely of straight running and nothing else. Give the player something to do.

The left hand path goes to moving platform area where the first one moves back and forth then 2nd one moves side to side, then up on 2 sides; right side goes to a secret area, and the left goes to the wide open area mentioned before.
Well, as I mentioned here, there are going to be moving platforms in it. What about them??

Some friendly advice...

It'd probably be a nice idea to get into the habit of uploading pictures to show us what your level actually looks like, besides just uploading an incomplete level WAD. This way, we can give you criticism and not have to run around in something that is less than halfway done.

Just some friendly advice.

Last edited:
Alright, here's another sort of update: LINK REMOVED ~ blahblahbal (don't play map17; it's Sa-x's ERZ Escape Zone; I'm modifying it to match my Egg Factory)
Also, I am removing Prismatic Freeze from my level pack, making it only a 9 zone pack.

Last edited:
Empty and useless as always. You didn't even do anything besides putting your old crap back into the file.

Empty and useless as always. You didn't even do anything besides putting your old crap back into the file.
Well, yeah, I know. I haven't gotten around to adding the moving platforms yet(adding them Friday). I need to get going on this if I'm going to enter JFZ1 in the Nov/Dec 09 OLDC.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Here is the zone list(with the emerald stage listed after the dash):
Jadeflower - Mud Valley
Twisted Paradise - Poison Citadel
-Possible senior project level-
Skybound River - Aquatic Temple
-Not on my senior project--for later-
Quicksand Woods - Coastal Plains
Icy Forest - Cold Mountain
Magma Cove - Molten Freeze
Night Gardens - Dark Plant
Egg Factory
Rainbow Vision
And the extras...
Plasma Grave Zone
Swift Moebius Zone
Hazardous Mire Zone
Zany Zenith Zone
Neolithic Cavern Zone
What do you guys think of my level names?

And any suggestions for what you want to appear in this level pack would be greatly appreciated, as I want to make this pack a people's choice pack!

Last edited:
You really have enough ideas for 14 zones? I highly doubt that, considering that there's basically nothing in what you currently have.

Not going to happen, I'm afraid. You're just not ready yet for something like this.
That's why I haven't released anything for a while. I have a lot planned for my levels, just wait and see. I probably won't release anything more until January, so wait until then.

Okay, I think by your last post of level names it's pretty clear you still don't get it. You have more level names and stage titles than Mystic Realm, and Mystic Realm took 5 years to make.

You need to forget about making a level pack. If you're still making levels in 3 years, THEN you can consider making a level pack. Until then, I suggest you sit down and make one good act. Not zone, act. Submit it to the OLDC for review so you can get proper feedback and learn from your mistakes. The deadline for the next OLDC is December 31st, so you've got plenty of time to come up with ideas and actually implement them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back