Shadow the hedgehog WAD Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

Now for the final release of the long-awaited Shadow the hedgehog remake. :D I know you Shadow fans have been wanting to saw me in half over the wait, but I suck at drawing Shadow, so it took that much longer. :P
Special thanks goes to:
Nitro_the_hedgehog, for improving the sprites.
Blade_the_hedgehog, for the character select pic.
Senku_niola, for fixing the spin trail soc so that wouldn't conflict with everything else.
The download link...
UPDATED
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4hqmdaib4dq
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/446ShadowRE_Final.zip
Don't forget, there are 2 versions of this WAD.
ShadowRE is the WAD you will use for single player, and it has a custom spin trail soc.
ShadowRENET doesn't have the soc because it would lag in servers, and has an alternate super form color.
Let's compare the new Shadow to Donnyku's old one real quick...
SHAIA1-3.png
SHADA2A8-1.png
SHAIA3A7-3.png
SHAIA4A6-3.png
SHAIA5-3.png

Yeah, big difference. :P
SHADA1.png
SHADA2A8.png
SHADA3A7.png
SHADA4A6.png
SHADA5.png

Pics, more coming soon...
Shadow_1.png

Shadow_12.png

Shadow_13.png

Shadow_14.png

Shadow_15.png

Enjoy.

Users who downloaded this WAD also liked:
Blaze the Cat WAD
AmyR Remake WAD

Marked for Discussion

Not entirely sure what to do with this one, after all, this was what started off this entire system in the first place when I complained to Mystic about the ever increasing amount of remakes we're getting.

Pros:
  • He obviously put effort into it.
  • It looks kinda good.

Cons:
  • We already have 5 or so Shadow Remakes, do we really need another one?
  • Not. Very. Original.

I agree with Cue on what he said. Sincerely, I don't wanna be the evil guy, but I vote against it... I know it took you time to make the sprites, but uhm...
Mystic said:
Recolors, or edited versions of the official character sprites, are extremely disliked. Making fan characters or bad edits of official characters is almost always bad, and shows a great lack of creativity. Don't make them, and if you do, don't post them.

I have to agree with Cue on this one as well. We just have too many remakes of characters. Sorry, dude. Yeah, it looks great, but we already have too many remakes of him already so it has NRV.

Cue said:
  • He obviously put effort into it.
  • It looks kinda good.
While I'm clearly not the target audience for this, I consider this enough to move it into the releases section. File accepted.

You guys are kidding me. We're here to evaluate build quality, not what's being built. This is fine.

Spazzo said:
You guys are kidding me. We're here to evaluate build quality, not what's being built. This is fine.

I agree with Spazzo, and besides, the other 5 Shadows we have already are not as good as this one.

I had the feeling there was something wrong with a WAD as good as this not making it to the Releases section.

My biggest complaint is that it doesn't add anything new to the gameplay. I mean sure, it looks great, but I might as well just play as Sonic.

I still say that the Net version should be crossed arms + creamy super, and singleplayer be the other one. :< Also socs don't lag in netgames. D:

You could do what donnyku did and add homing and light dash to make it different.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
You could do what donnyku did and add homing and light dash to make it different.

You mean make it different from Sonic but the same as about 90% of thok based characters?

Didn't Donnyku made Shadow control a little worse than Sonic? This was made up for his ability to homing thok. This is one of the reasons why I don't really like this Shadow, its basicly Sonic.

90% of character wads, you mean.
But there's really not much you could do, considering shadow is supposed to be the same as sonic.

When it comes down to it, SRB2's air physics are just so different that the thok is used for air control and speed. The homing in Sonic Adventure was used uniquely for killing enemies. You can't have both.

The other thing is that SRB2 handles lightdash in such a way that makes it overpowered.

So what are we going to do about shadow being the same as sonic? There's really nothing we can do other than remove the super form and maybe make him slightly slower.

I don't remember Donnyku's Sonic having any difference whatsoever. Either that or it added an abusive homing attack. Though Shadow *is* just like Sonic, except that he's dark and brooding... at least he wasn't made to be more powerful.

You could give him a crippled thok which essentially spawns an invisible down-diagonal spring that shoots him forward and at an angle in falling frames except when he is using homing attack. I think this was used in JTE, though I can't remember.

At any rate, I think it looks better than all the other Shadow wads, though I would prefer to see a character not done yet. (Mighty, Tikal, Mario) If this had a unique ability I wouldn't mind seeing it in a netgame.

Okie homing thok with a disadvantage.. make actionspeed about 30ish which would resemble the homing dash from SA2B and all. Lightdash, overpowered, I even learned this from the old Nitemare. Other than that there's not very many options to change Shadow from Sonic in SRB2, unless you give him a random chaos spear or something dumb like that, maybe even rather than thokking Shadow could get a slightly faster than running speed chaos control/glide-only thing? I did that for my shadowsku.wad which I still have around somewhere. Jumpheight, not much you can do there. Acceleration is no good for SRB2, all you can usually get is very great acceleration, the acceleration Nitemare has, which is crap, or something like Sonic's or Knuckles' which is mildly ok. Spinitem and thokitems are already done. Speed has to resemble Sonic's and all. Superform, is slowly getting old, everyone seems to have one now, except the colors I chose out do make it kinda different from the usual yellow and all. Min and max dash.. uh.. I dunno what really would help there.

So pretty much I dunno. :<

Thank you Mystic. :D I thought all of the effort I had put into this WAD was going to hit the trash, what a relief.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
The superform colors are off when he jumps/rolls. You should fix that
In which version of the WAD?
BlueZero4 said:
My biggest complaint is that it doesn't add anything new to the gameplay. I mean sure, it looks great, but I might as well just play as Sonic.
Exactly, because Shadow and Sonic handle basically the same in SA2, I figured his SRB2 stats should be the same as SRB2's Sonic too, that means no lightdash or homing! *generic shot*
Senku Niola said:
Also socs don't lag in netgames. D:
Not unless you're on dial-up. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back