Suggestions

It'll be easier to have them in server option menu...

Both variables already are in server option menu. Maybe you must play and explore the game options and functions, so you will get new knowledge about what variables and commands are included in the menu and the console.

Both variables already are in server option menu. Maybe you must play and explore the game options and functions, so you will get new knowledge about what variables and commands are included in the menu and the console.
Dood,that's only Working for Match/Team Match/Tag/CTF,and not Working for Coop,well you're right they're in game options,but not Working for Coop and causing joining players to die fast,because they can't find Rings to Pick up,especially when fighting a Boss ..

Last edited:
Now guys! For multiplayer mode, I wonder what might happen if we added in a new gametype called "Duels". If you guys don't know what Duels is, it when 2 players go against each other in a Match during each round. I think it would be cool if Duels was added to SRB2.

Duels wouldn't work out in general, because what about the other players that are in the game? It just wouldn't be fair to them, deeming this idea: very pointless.

Now guys! For multiplayer mode, I wonder what might happen if we added in a new gametype called "Duels". If you guys don't know what Duels is, it when 2 players go against each other in a Match during each round. I think it would be cool if Duels was added to SRB2.

Basically 1v1 which anyone can do already without any modifications.

I would call that a rotation 1 vs 1 match, since it would swap other players the next round with another. It would be pretty much the same thing as a regular match, just with 2 players battling to the death.

Last edited:
Honestly, If I just joined the server, I don't want to sit in spectate and see two guys try to find each other on the map and throw rings till one dies, its just not fun.

Honestly, If I just joined the server, I don't want to sit in spectate and see two guys try to find each other on the map and throw rings till one dies, its just not fun.

The only time I think I would sit in a match with 1 vs 1 would be if both players a great then it would be worth to sit and watch, but if it's some new players fighting then the match can take very very long, which loses the purpose for spectating (in most cases) and then you get bored.

Last edited:
That is a very stupid waiting game, i'd rather do that on a Mod that is mostly based on dueling, but against a Fan Game that has more open options, i don't think it would be fair to match players who will sit around waiting their turn to fight "someone". It just makes playing match all the more slower.

That is a very stupid waiting game, i'd rather do that on a Mod that is mostly based on dueling, but against a Fan Game that has more open options, i don't think it would be fair to match players who will sit around waiting their turn to fight "someone". It just makes playing match all the more slower.
:3 You can still find another match server can't you ?
EDIT :Instead of Fighting only 1 Player over 10 Times,we can fight different Players each round,to make a fun Air . Or you are afraid of Duel ?
Another little Suggestion : Railring is a very Powerful weapon,what if Player can only have for a period ....

Last edited:
The duel gametype seems like a stupid suggestion, since you could just do this with maxplayers command.

What about other players,dueling different player each round is what i mean ...

It might be possible to make a LUA like that, It would honestly be better to make a addon rather than puting an actual option since srb2 already has enough match options as it is (CTF,Match,TeamMatch).

Last edited:
You don't even need to alter anything with the game to do something like that. Just host a game and take turns facing each other in a one on one match.

Now for a more feasible suggestion: Remember Use1upSound? I believe that it should be turned into a console variable. 'coz you know, maybe I don't like getting to my favourite part of a stage song and then it abruptly stopping to play the 1up jingle and then starting over.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back