Waterfalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
All waterfalls seem to have a problem: You can view them from the front, but once inside you can no longer see the FALL1 texture. Although it seems to still be visible at the sides.

The reason for that is the same reason for the Tutti-Frutti glitch and the "sky in the box" glitch--namely that SRB2 does not render the inside of FOFs and sectors, because typically the insides aren't visible anyway. It's not that big of an issue, but if you really want to get rid of it, you can "cut a hole" in the waterfalls with a smaller sector. If you do that, the waterfall will have an inside, but the drawback is that you won't technically be "underwater" if you pass through the waterfall.

How come this doesn't happen in some wads. I think Botanic Serenity Zone doesn't have the waterfall problem.

Use this with the following tags:

FF_EXISTS
FF_RENDERALL
FF_SWIMMABLE
FF_CUTSPRITES
FF_BOTHPLANES
FF_TRANSLUCENT
FF_ALLSIDES

Also, GFALL is for the top of a waterfall, CFALL is for the rest.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked the source code, and the normal water block should have FF_ALLSIDES anyways, so if it's not rendering from inside, then something's not working correctly.

Hunh. I'm having the same exact problem too. I've created a waterfall - Looks fantastic outside, but when ya get up and jump inside it, there is no texture, and you can just see right through.
It's bugging me, so as soon as you're helped to figure it out, then I'm helped too, because I really want this fixed. @_@;

Make skinnier waterfalls.

Edit: No, it turns out y'all are just using OpenGL. If it really bugs you, switch to software.

Or you could just make them... erm... Not see-through (AGH BRAIN WHY DO YOU FAIL ME). Unless you've done that, then it's just OpenGL.

BUMP

@Nathan: Translucent. XD

Also, I made another level with waterfalls today... Funny how this one worked when it came to both side views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back