She Said Yes! (SRB2: Marriage Edition Release Date Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but I've been engaged for almost a month now. I'm getting married in May!

Because of this, I am going to do an SRB2 release close to that time. It doesn't mean SRB2 will no longer be worked on after I'm married, but there's no guarantee that it will be, and my free time will be more limited.

It will be known as SRB2ME, or "SRB2 Marriage Edition". The version will be v2.0.

Will it be "1.1"? Not really sure. It really depends on what all gets done between now and then. I kinda anticipated this situation back in the summertime, and I formed a small group of community members to help get more things accomplished. I imagine some things will end up not making it.

But hey, it's been a wild ~11 years.

And yes, I will try to get Knuckles done by then.

NOTE: please check here for updated release information.

Congradulations SSNTails, Hope you have a good marrige.

1.1 Seems a bit closer now. :)

Congratulations. I still hope to be alive by the time SRB2 1.1 comes out however...

<Spazzo> The announcement is half praise to the couple and half death sentence to the procrastinating dev team
<Spazzo> This is going to be fun, either way. :D

We've had plenty of discussions on the subject, so I'll make this one quick...whatever the outcome, congrats on your engagement, etc. This isn't the prettiest way to conclude 11 years of dedicated production, but if it means anything, it's been one hell of an honour and one hell of a ride.

I'll see you in June. ;)

--

The Beatles said:
♫ And, in the end, the love you take,
Is equal to the love you make. ♫

Awesome news, SSN. Hope all goes well in your future!

It'll be great to see another SRB2 release. Though, to be honest, I'm kinda not anticipating 1.1 to come out any time soon.... I mean, I wasn't prepared for it. =P

Blue Warrior said:
Awesome news, SSN. Hope all goes well in your future!

It'll be great to see another SRB2 release. Though, to be honest, I'm kinda not anticipating 1.1 to come out any time soon.... I mean, I wasn't prepared for it. =P

Seconded, hope all the happiness comes to both of you SSN and your future wife =)

Ben5421 said:
Can you invited us to the wedding? *shot*

You don't want to know what music I've given to the receptionist DJ.

--

Would the bride and groom please make their way to the dance floor, for the ceremonial first dance?

We're no strangers to loooove....

Spazzo said:
Ben5421 said:

--

Would the bride and groom please make their way to the dance floor, for the ceremonial first dance?

You're no strangers to loooove....
I'd like to see that.

Spazzo said:
Ben5421 said:

Let me guess, the Rickroll theme? I'm pretty sure a good groove to that song will perk a lot of people up =P

Every journey must have its end.... and the end to this journey will be soon...
Its been an honor playing with you all tonight...

*Kroze picks up violin and starts playing it as the ship sinks*

Spazzo said:
Ben5421 said:

--

We're no strangers to loooove....
You know the rules, and so do I~

Anyway, congratulations, good luck =3

Sik said:
"When will we marry?"
"When it's done"

Well, it's finally coming to an end, isn't it?

Knuckles will finally be finished, a truly "final" version of SRB2 will be released and will be considered "done".

But the community? Oh, it will live on. We'll still be asking how to jump, celebrating insane April 1sts and watching overambitious projects collapse within 12 hours of their conception. And maybe, one day we'll see a project get finished. Who knows...

I can't wait to actually go on SRB2, pick knuckles and actually play without sucky sprites. :)
Where did the currently used ones come from anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back