Trackmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmtp://#score=sik_the_hedgehog:A08-Endurance:66650:D69DA20C
The first endurace race in TMNF. Ugh, it was hard to get the last turn right :P Go and try to beat me... if you already didn't :P My time: 1'06"05

Sik said:
tmtp://#score=sik_the_hedgehog:A08-Endurance:66650:D69DA20C
The first endurace race in TMNF. Ugh, it was hard to get the last turn right :P Go and try to beat me... if you already didn't :P My time: 1'06"05
Challenging by file (replay) is a bit better than challenging by link, in my opinion, as with the file you can actually see the opponents race and see how far you are ahead/behind at each checkpoint whereas with the link you just get the final score/time and don't know how long your opponent took to get from one CP to another.

Nevertheless, I'll use both of them...
1'00"23 on A08-Endurance.
TMTP score link
Replay link (right click, save target as...)

And yeah, that last turn takes a lot of time and practice to get right. 'Tis very easy to lose a lot of ground there just by making one slight mistake...

Also... for those of you watching/playing against the replay, let me know if my cyan/blue car skin shows up correctly or if it's just the default gray car. It should show my skin normally, but my webhost is known to have a few problems every now and again, causing that gray skin to show up instead.

Having told me before...
http://srb2town.sepwich.com/junk/A08-Endurance_sik_the_hedgehog(01%2706%27%2765).Replay.Gbx
But nevermind, you've beat my time...

Anyways, here goes level 10 :P Try to get the car in faster than me. Bah, probably somebody did before... But try to do so without the car splashing into the water :P
http://srb2town.sepwich.com/junk/A10-Acrobatic_sik_the_hedgehog(00%2709%27%2781).Replay.Gbx

EDIT: for those who have analog joysticks, what kind of control do you use? Do you use the same stick for both steering and accelerating? I use separate sticks because otherwise when I want to go straight fowards I finish up also steering due to the sensibility of the stick. I wonder what you do :P

Sik said:
Anyways, here goes level 10 :P Try to get the car in faster than me. Bah, probably somebody did before... But try to do so without the car splashing into the water :P
http://srb2town.sepwich.com/junk/A10-Acrobatic_sik_the_hedgehog(00%2709%27%2781).Replay.Gbx

09"57 on A10-Acrobatic.
TMTP score link
Replay Link (right click save target as etc...)
That's a lot harder to pull off than it looks.

And for what it's worth, I play with the keyboard. I have been since day one, and I doubt I'll ever start using a gamepad at this point.

For some reason I said specifically those who use analog joysticks :P It's that I'm relatively new to use the analog sticks and I want to know what players normally do.

Trackmania Nations Forever is one of the most awesome free online games I've ever played. I've been into Trackmania since BlazeHedgehog linked the original Nations in #srb2 when it was first released. Unfortunately it employed the use of starforce for reasons yet to be explained to me, which prevented me from playing any further. But now that it's on Steam I don't need to worry about painfully flawed software protection, and the game is even better now. If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my username is tets, same as it is here.

I'd like to get United, as the features advertised are very appealing, but not at the price it's currently at. If it ever drops to $20 or below on Steam, maybe I'll buy it.

*adds*

By the way, here goes my first custom level. Made to unlock stage A13 :P In theory inspired by Marble zone from Sonic 1. Failed miserably at that :P Reminds me a lot of Sonic Unleashed thought o_O
http://srb2town.sepwich.com/junk/Sonic 1 mod - Zone 02 - Marble zone.Challenge.Gbx

Not sure if the validation got stored as a medal time, just I want to say I could do better :P

EDIT: stage A14 -_- Also, stage A15 is the unlockable that the least effort takes to unlock I've ever seen in any game x_X To unlock this you should tell a friend about the game. You would think it implies adding a friend to your buddy list. Not even that. "Did you tell about this game to a friend?". Click "Yes". "Good, make sure to add him later to your list". Done. It doesn't even do any check to see if you actually did tell anybody about the game. It's so easy....

I added Tets and Cue just waiting for them to add me.T.T Well anyway I would try your map right now Sik but my mom is on the computer and thats the only one with it.>.>

Got all the medals from the white category and started with the green one. Anyways, if somebody wants to add me, I've registered as "sik_the_hedgehog", OK? Also I need to compete with somebody to unlock one of the tracks it seems :(

Sik said:
Got all the medals from the white category and started with the green one. Anyways, if somebody wants to add me, I've registered as "sik_the_hedgehog", OK? Also I need to compete with somebody to unlock one of the tracks it seems :(
You've already gotten that requirement, just get the other requirement (silver medals on the previous row of tracks) and you'll unlock it just fine.

I'll add you both as soon as I get back on. And if any of you wishes to add/invite me, my in-game login is "mattw_cstrfan". If you'd rather not type that out, just click this link instead.

MattW_CFI said:
Sik said:
You've already gotten that requirement, just get the other requirement (silver medals on the previous row of tracks) and you'll unlock it just fine.
Yes, that's what I noticed XD Anyways, probably it's a requirement in another category :P Seriously, Trackmania has the weirdest unlockable requirements ever...

Sik said:
Yes, that's what I noticed XD Anyways, probably it's a requirement in another category :P Seriously, Trackmania has the weirdest unlockable requirements ever...
Heh... United Forever changes the requirements around -- all the requirements are "Get bronze/silver/gold on the previous track(s)". This has the side effect of making the first black track (E01) extremely hard to unlock, however, as it requires all golds for the 60 previous tracks... which is a lot harder than just getting 150 medals total.

I really doubt that I'll get the gold on a lot of these tracks. I haven't got that kind of concentration, and it becomes remarkably worse on endurance tracks.

Also I've noticed my framerate really takes a dive online when a lot of other players are visible. I'm wondering what I'll be able to do about that.

Tets said:
Also I've noticed my framerate really takes a dive online when a lot of other players are visible. I'm wondering what I'll be able to do about that.
'O' key online shows/hides the opponents on the track. It's possible for servers to disable that function and make all opponents visible all the time to all players, but I've yet to see any servers actually do that.
Autosaver said:
Eh,how do I contact Sik on the game.
Sik and I can't figure it out.
Just use AIM or MSN or some instant messaging service. In-game messages are only available to United Forever accounts, and they're pretty useless anyway - no-one that I know ever uses them.

Autosaver said:
How do you put trackmania in windowed mode?*killed*
Either move the mouse to the top-right of your screen and click the icon with two windows or press ALT+ENTER.

MattW_CFI said:
Autosaver said:
Eh,how do I contact Sik on the game.
Sik and I can't figure it out.
Just use AIM or MSN or some instant messaging service. In-game messages are only available to United Forever accounts, and they're pretty useless anyway - no-one that I know ever uses them.
Even yet, how do you start a netgame? D:

If you guys want to add me, My name is "Sonict". I bought TM:UF off steam so if anyone else has TM:UF, we can do more than just stadium.

Added.

By the way, I think I've just figured out how to play netgames. Whoever will host makes the server. Then the rest will see that in his place of the buddy list. Click there to join. Easy.

For those that don't have TMUF, we should find a way to organize netgames, don't you think? Oh, yeah, you'll say #srb2fun... Through not everybody goes there. Well, we'll see :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back