• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Big Boo's Haunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hetor, releases is for finished products. This is half-done, and he's looking for feedback. He posted this in the correct location.

Hey, I've played this level before, in SM64 :D Through I'm quite sure the name was different >_> Anyways, some missions were hard D:

BTW, there's still a lot to be done, through what I've played resembles that level quite well :)

yea i have been working some things out weather or not i should make the underground place under the mansion or seperate because ill have to make alot more sectors and FOF's rather than doing it seperate.

also did you or anyone else who has tried this yet find any bugs.

It's based on SM64, Orange, so I'm right.

Anyways:
I'd give this wad a 3/10
No rings
Cramped
No objects/enimies
rooms leading to nowhere

The Dark Fox said:
It's based on SM, Orange, so I'm right.

Anyways:
I'd give this wad a 3/10
No rings
Cramped
No objects/enemies
rooms leading to nowhere
If you read the beginning you would have noticed i said there was no things but player starts

and if its cramped in the next version i will make it bigger, but how much by?

Also i found this pic i took at the beggining of development

The Dark Fox said:
It's based on SM64, Orange, so I'm right.

Anyways:
I'd give this wad a 3/10
No rings
Cramped
No objects/enimies
rooms leading to nowhere
He's just working in the level layout for now. So he didn't put any items yet. Don't rate it for that as if it was finished >_>

Anyways, make it a separate part. I recall that falling from different places could lead you to the same place, definitely meaning that part of the level isn't below the castle.

An update to the map making it bigger and less glitchy

Things been removed :-
The shed has been removed until the underground part is complete.
The box next to the shed has also been removed.
some unused lindefs have alos been removed.
outside sector been made smaller to reduce glitches from occuring.

Please review and tell me what to fix rather than going this sucks.

The download link at the top of the page has been updated

I gave a walk there.

Hey, that background sound scares me at the beginning... heh.

I think you're intending to do a house like Crue's house zone, but a haunted house version. Am I right?

I walked through all rooms, including that one where there's a monitor. I didn't experience any graphic problem. Just I found a Mario's block [with ? sign] that doesn't work yet.

Your intend is to do a tag map or something else?

Mystic said:
Hetor, releases is for finished products. This is half-done, and he's looking for feedback. He posted this in the correct location.

Ok, lets remove all betas/demos from releases section. Great!

Hetor said:
Mystic said:

Ok, lets remove all betas/demos from releases section. Great!

Now your pretty much twisting his words. Betas are allowed because a good portion of the level is complete. If you barely have anything complete it should not be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back