SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EIP=0048d09a
I joined a server that was playing DSZ3. The music started, but the title card never appeared and the game sigsegv'd.

EIP=32373639
I was F12ing someone in a game of CTF. They fired an explosion ring at somebody who had a force shield at point-blank range.

Also, spectators can trigger those little platforms that lower slowly when you stand on them. Not sure what they're called, but there's one in the laser room in Noxious Factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor Bug, but...

Eggrock Zone 2.

2rz2ydu.png

156xv0i.png

These areas where I am standing do not have Space Countdown, applies both over and under.

When completing Sky Chase from SRB1 Remake Sonic turns red instead of Blue and continues all the levels Red
I can't seem to replicate this... ~Inuyasha

Crush Floor Once appears to be totally unoperational, at least when using Anywhere in Sector + Continuous. Anywhere in Sector + Continuous works fine for Crush Ceiling Once and Crush Ceiling/Floor Once.

ERZ2. Sonic. Gravity flipping pillars part. I go past the pit, into the zoomtube, past the Popup Turrets, down, then up, then... the second jump towards the pipe is impossible. It's too high even for Sonic. I bump the edge and fall. Wheee.

ERZ hates me. I might get a picture of the bug sooner or later.

I think I know the issue, however.

It has a "height" (to put it) of 128 from the second platform, which beats Sonic's jumpheight. His is a little lower than that. Either bumping up of the border or a blue spring is required. That, or it's me.

Edit: I hath found a pair of bugs.

1: CTF. Sometimes (although rarely) a player or more will remain when they leave as "Player --" (-- being the number), and totally still, causing cheap shots and kills.

2: In some areas, when dying with slow motion lag (because you're slow, the rest of the game runs at normal speed) and respawn while your deathframe's in the roof, you'll be absolutely bugged up.

Also, the clone bug might be back.

Last edited:
segment violation

Me and my girlfriend was trying to play eggrock zone 2 but the game keeps crashing on us and saying segment violation. I read the forums and some other members said that our resolution setting needs to be set to the recommended settings. We did that and yet we still have as many crashes as before... I have been trying to catch it at the moment it crashes so I know the exact last thing that happens, but I end up forgetting or not looking so I'm sorry for that.
All we pretty much were doing was just playing through the level, trying to complete it without dying. I know that was not good enough info but i don't know what else to say..

it crashed on us about 8 times tonight, so i'll just post what is in the error log here. Although I'm not sure if i should post all 8, but I will do the last one.

EIP=0048142c

I'm not too sure if i gave you the correct information you needed, did you wanted the 8digit stack dump numbers that were below the EIP? I didn't fully understand what you were asking for..

If there is anymore information you may need, feel free to ask.

Have you been playing Egg Rock 2 in multiplayer mode? If so, set maxplayers accordingly so that no one can join in, and don't have anyone leave during the course of the stage. Due to a bug in 2.0, holes in the player array will cause a mess with delayed linedef executors, inevitably causing a crash at some point. This is supposedly fixed in 2.0.5.

(To clarify, it is because certain thinkers are not being archived and sent properly, not necessarily a problem in the player array. This has yet to be fixed. -Jazz)

(Didn't say it was a problem in the player array, just that having holes in it will inevitably trigger a crash at some point. -Neo)

EDIT: For the record, you need only to post the third register in the log, labeled EIP.

SON OF EDIT:
ERZ2. Sonic. Gravity flipping pillars part. I go past the pit, into the zoomtube, past the Popup Turrets, down, then up, then... the second jump towards the pipe is impossible. It's too high even for Sonic. I bump the edge and fall. Wheee.
There's a pair of platforms, one off to each side. :|

You bring up a relevant bug, though. If you die by falling in a pit, respawn and are restored (by consfailprotect) to your previous position, you'll be restored back to the pit and die again.

And I think you keep falling perpetually after you die. If you wait long enough, you might see your guy fall through the screen again and again. (Only in reverse gravity ~Inuyasha)

Got another EIP=0045809a on CEZ2 Race. Again, I was just about to clear the level through the bobbing blocks room (after the spinny polyobject).

And I think you keep falling perpetually after you die. If you wait long enough, you might see your guy fall through the screen again and again.

Not to mention that you don't get your lives back, and can lose them all easily.

Also, if for whatever reason in Tag/H&S, the IT player is changed without the new IT player dying in hidetime, they can shoot whatever rings they have.

Message of the day doesn't reset everytime you type it in, it just stacks on top of the other MOTD.

Race on Arid Canyon. I was winning, somebody hits a teleport, I get warped to the quicksand at the start of the stage, I let myself sink, I die. I try to respawn, EIP=0045809a.

NAGZ Race. I was on the rising platform in StPZ, tried to F12 a recently game over'd player, EIP=004a7737.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if its said or not... in the one lake zone 2 in SRB1 remade whatever, climb the wall behind you with knuckles and keep gliding and you'll reach the end sign. I found this out when I was climbing for air. Heres image:http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1981/srb20050.png

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Bug I've collected: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1323/srb20017.png
In ERZ2 this happend. Is it the getting air bubble frame? I guess. http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5903/srb20027.png
I was climbing on the other wall on my left and i went right and this is what happend. Its supposed to be a side climbing frame. http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2101/srb20045.png
Messing around with noclip in neo garden and found this room with no outlets. http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7514/srb20049.png
WTF? We all finished at castle eggman about the same time, I think i was last, and then ???

A friend of mine got game over in race, then got disconnected and rejoined before the race ended. On every subsequent race, regardless of his actual completion time, the results screen always placed him last.

More details about an earlier reported bug on page 8

[Eggrock Emerald 7 trigger bug]
1. (Reported by everyone playing the mod [SRB2TP])If you compleate the game with less than 7 emeralds, go back and get emerald 7, you wind up with RobotniRock (EggRock) on your save and you get sent to RobotniRock (EggRock) act 3. (SRB2 hard code bug). Notice: SPSTAGE_END = 3 and RobotniRock still shows up.

Video of Bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBrkA5OdDs
End result:
2lbjmgp.jpg

Insert some words here. (Yes, I had a old save file of SRB2TP, used it, and well, you know...)

The texture flats of the ropes in ACZ are either going the wrong way or not moving while the linedef textures are moving just fine.
srb20075.png

srb20076.png

srb20077-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back