• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my level with a bit more polish, also finally added a level select pic.

http://mb.srb2.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=8558&d=1470017789

attachment.php

Um, I just wanna ask, what it's suppoused to be?

2jag652.png

I mean, when you jump into it, you can't go up again, and it's kinda near the goal with a checkpoint so....

What's the point?

I mean, when you jump into it, you can't go up again, and it's kinda near the goal with a checkpoint so....

What's the point?
Remember Manimi, It's unfinished, this means he probably didn't do anything about the area yet and is going to put something in there for the final release.

Just played the Skytop update, still as beautiful as before. The level layout is great, the use of slopes are fantastic, it's just amazing to look at.
WMeg4kL.gif

You know, I added that new ledge seen in your gif because I noticed how high I could get with a ramp jump. Seeing you be able to actually make the jump all the way to the top there just makes me that much more happy.

Remember Manimi, It's unfinished, this means he probably didn't do anything about the area yet and is going to put something in there for the final release.

Yeah, I was experimenting with polyobjects in that room, but I couldn't come up with anything I was happy with, so I ditched them for now. I want to at least add one more little section to the level before ending it. The current end post is just temporary.

If there's one thing I like to do, it's porra nenhuma

_fieryvolcano.png

Code:
Download: [URL="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/i089hp0cltzubjp/scr_fieryvolcano.wad"]Dropbox[/URL]
Title: Fiery Volcano
Credits: MIDI by JexuBandicoot527
Maintainer Notes: [I]...[/I]
I think this is a 7/10.

_fieryvolcano.png

Code:
Download: [URL="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/i089hp0cltzubjp/scr_fieryvolcano.wad"]Dropbox[/URL]
Title: Fiery Volcano
Credits: MIDI by JexuBandicoot527
Maintainer Notes: [I]...[/I]
I think this is a 7/10.

you should consider slowing down the lava falls. while it is possible to get past them now, you got to time it even faster than Red Volcano.

Improved Robotnik Labratory Zone Act 1.

Attachments

• sc_robotniklabratory.rar
    5.2 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:
in the first pit room, you need to have it so the floor with the falling platform does not hurt you.
Also get rid of that custom badnik in the first room.

Hitting the next room we're treated to a alternate camera view. that able to be triggered repeatidly and lasts too long the first time. Cut it back out it's not needed.

getting to the final slope, Knuckles is unable to finish the level as he can't even climb the walls there.

Last edited:

2jag652.png

What's the point?
I really like this map, because it is well designed and it has a lots of balloons. I rate this map 10 out of 10. Also, I don't know what is going to be there when this map is finished.

Last edited:
in the first pit room, you need to have it so the floor with the falling platform does not hurt you.
Also get rid of that custom badnik in the first room.

Hitting the next room we're treated to a alternate camera view. that able to be triggered repeatidly and lasts too long the first time. Cut it back out it's not needed.

getting to the final slope, Knuckles is unable to finish the level as he can't even climb the walls there.

Ok, first I fixed the first part, the floor near the falling platform doesn't hurt you anymore but I don't want to move the custom badnik, sorry.

Second, I fixed the thing with the camera viewpoint, now you see the camera only when you falling, and when you stop falling the camera viewpoint is over.

Third, It was a kind of hard but I did to knuckles a path near the final slope, a path that only he can break through him, when he need to jump on a moving platform that takes him up.

And here is the fixed update:

Attachments

5.2 MB · Views: 153
The Laser Buzz in the first room is way too powerful for something that shoots with a direct line of fire very shortly after you see it. I would reccommend placing it behind a wall of glass the player has to move around in order to proceed, so the player doesn't get owned immediately.

There are also a number of very small corridors that are mildly irritating to travel through. Your map would be improved if you made the corridors larger in horizontal width, reduced their length, or cut them out entirely. Whenever you try to make a large room with a centerpiece of gameplay, it turns out pretty nice for a beginner - so it's just those tiny corridors that aren't fun.

I'm sorry, it just very hard to try to enlarge the corridors, however, this level is inside a labratory, and I know that inside a labratory, there are many small corridors with lamps and etc... About the "Laser Buzz", he is need to be at the start next to you, because this level meant to be HARD and not for beginners at all...

Games don't limit themselves to realism when it messes with gameplay. Why is it difficult to remove the corridors if enlarging them doesn't work out?

Also, there's a difference between "it is hard" and "it is impossible to not get hurt", especially when the rest of the level is more generous about its difficulty.

Because, there are many glitches and bugs when I trying to enlarge the corridors, but I can try if you want, it just may take a while...

Ok, I enlarged a little the first room, I did to the "Lazer Buzz" a line near the start sector that he can't pass, and I maked the room near the part of the city looks larger...

Attachments

5.3 MB · Views: 138
srb20000.png
srb20003.png
It's a long shot, but dispite being unable to actively edit the level myself, it won't stop me from at least trying to submit something that I would consider decent by my standards
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ha76718b79iv9v6/scr_apocgreenhill.wad.zip
Title: Green Hill
Credits: Green Hill Zone Tetris Remix from Sonic 1 Tetris and Green Hill Zone (Bad Future) Midi Remix by Jace
Maintainer Notes: Music Slots 01 and 64 are occupied, Things 1850 (Christmas Pole) and 1851 (Candy Cane) are reskinned, possible broken hints, Level hasn't been tested in software mode and screenshots were taken in OpenGL due to software restraints, meaning software mode may be unstable and/or visually unappealling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back