Senku.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the sort of ground-pound ability with this WAD, but it's kinda glitchy. D: Hope you manage to fix whatever broke the latest release soon. ^^

Also, like Chrispy said, I find the running frames awkward, as the feet go behind the jacket, not infront. I'm trying to imagine it as a "jacket flailing further behind" moment, but it's just not working. :/

Yeah I think I wasn't thinking when I was working on the jacket, I kinda wanna go back and remove the jacket, then add a brand new one to all the frames. Course everyone obviously knows my excuse why I probably wont. D:

No. :x Laziness, lack of motivation, I also want to continue on newer projects like Senku Niola.

Also all bugs again have been removed AGAIN, cept for bug 7. You can now Crawla bounce again and when you land on the ground after it will trigger the shockwave.

Currently there's an exploit, so which would you rather? A god mode invincibility that lasts 2 to 3 seconds OR a version where if you use the ability on/in hurtful stuff you'll PROBABLY die due to not having enough time to recover?

No release till I get some results.

Last edited:
It really depends. if the former option involves using a certain mode, such as Sissy Mode, then I would go with the latter. If not, then the former.

Pretty much it works like this: player use Diamond Cracker, player gets 3 seconds of flashing time (hurt time) you can still collect rings, can't be hurt by stuff, and you can kill enemies/shoot rings. In match this could be too much of an advantage, the only disadvantage is the very small delay before being able to move.

Maybe making you unable to move while you have the flash time, and forcing you into your pain sprites, to make it seem sort of like a "knockback effect"?

Well, it appears as though he is slamming into the ground, and sending a shockwave, destroying all enemies in a radius, so wouldn't the shockwave affect him in some way too?

What Senku said...
ThunderNova, when creating a shockwave...the object that creates the shockwave is the EPICENTER...it goes AROUND IT...not ON IT...
Senku, is there any upcoming updates on the sprites or is this the final version?

I still think the ability needs some sort of setback; it is super powerful.

Anyways, give it the 3 second invincibility.

Slightly major update, fixed almost all the bugs with Diamond Cracker, it also now has a weakness (using it while in/on hurtful sectors like slime, lava, spikes, etc.) and changed how the move is executed so now players can crawla bounce and STILL use the move at the same time, the shockwave is also slightly differently executed so it animates. Also added comments to the SOC section of the MAINCFG for easier reference. I forget who originally asked me to do it but I did it now. :D

Reverse gravity bug has an alternate fix for now, seems to only work in coop of course but passing through another player destroys the object keeping you from jumping. Just wish I could fix the edge bug.

Last edited:
Okay, I like Senku and all, but my biggest problem with him is that the stomp attack spams my console like crazy. It's starting to annoy me and I'm not sure if there is something I can do to fix this, and if this can't be fixed, please modify it so my console doesn't keep calling states constantly.

I am not responsible for any non-vanilla exes having issue with my wad. This issue does not happen at all in SRB2 itself, but may happen in any other exe cause it was not made for it. :<

Following up from what Senku was saying, in particular it seems SRB2CB is guilty of enabling this pedantic check for making sure players use the right internal function for changing states, which in vanilla SRB2 is disabled. That is causing the errors in the console particularly for use of A_RandomState in the SOC. Otherwise there's not any other cases of this I know of right now.

When I played with this wad...
Not impressed.
This might just be a problem I have but...
He has no abilities.
And is pretty basic.

2.1 is not fully compatible with WADs for 2.0. Pretty sure 2.0 Senku is supposed to have abilities, could be just that his SOC doesn't work correctly in 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back