GameCrush ~ lets you play Xbox games with girls over webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
Shacknews said:
GameCrush is a new service, launching today, that hopes you will [pay money to play with girls]. The business was detailed by IGN today revealing a "social site for adult gamers." Apparently, there are around 1,200 "PlayDates", as the women are called, available to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Halo 3 in exchange for money. These 1,200 women were found via a "Craigslist ad looking for ladies who want to get paid to play videogames," according to IGN. The service is free to sign-up for, but you'll need to buy credits to pay the girls. $8.25 will get you 500 credits and one game session will run 400 credits.
"GameCrush says it modeled its pricing structure after the cost of buying a girl a drink at a bar," writes IGN. "In a bar, you're basically buying the opportunity to chat a girl up. GameCrush is hoping players will look at their service the same way."
Girls are not screened in any way, but will be rated by their clients. The higher-rated girls will bubble to the top and receive more prominent placement on the site. Anyone over 18 is free to sign-up.
If this all seems like a thinly-veiled repackaging of online "adult" services, try taking gaming out of the equation and see what it sounds like:
Men browse online profiles of women that describe themselves as either "flirty" or "dirty" and select one for a virtual date. For around $7, the woman will voice or video chat with you for 6 to 10 minutes. Women are then rated by the men. Higher-rated women receive more prominent placement and will end up earning more money.

Full story is here: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62938

You'd have to be one lonely, lonely bastard to pay for something like this, and from what it seems, and it's a terrible, sexist idea. I feel sorry for any of the women who work for these guys, because they'll be spending their jobs with people who had to pay to have people play games with them.

You know what would be hilarious? If these weren't actual women at all, but just high-pitched men working in Pakistan or somewhere.

Also, because I can't resist:
"Hey, Baby... Wanna come over to my place tonight? Maybe, if the mood is right, I'll let you play as Tails during my Sonic 3 and Knuckles weekend marathon!"

Last edited:
Ignoring the jesus chriiiiiist posts above, I think it'd be funny to hire one of these chicks, and just absolutely waste her time in the worst way possible. Only if it's not that expensive, though.

That's not the point.

The fact you get paid for sitting, and HAVING FUN, and at the same time getting paid more then Mcdonalds...
Edit: Voice chat for 6-7 minutes for 7 dollars? Man... you can get WAAAY more then minimum wage.

That's not the point.

The fact you get paid for sitting, and HAVING FUN, and at the same time getting paid more then Mcdonalds...
Edit: Voice chat for 6-7 minutes for 7 dollars? Man... you can get WAAAY more then minimum wage.

I guess, since your making money for just sitting around. But its like being a stripper isn't it? You can make a quick buck but its pretty pathetic doing so, dont you think?

I completely agree with the above post, except that strippers don't usually sit around on the job.

I'm also genuinely surprised it's taken so long for somebody to come up with this idea and exploit it.

Last edited:
I guess, since your making money for just sitting around. But its like being a stripper isn't it? You can make a quick buck but its pretty pathetic doing so, dont you think?

How is this anything like being a stripper?
You play with someone. To make money. You aren't revealing yourself.

At first I thought "Hey, cool, a dating site where you can find girls that play video games, bit more niche than normal..." then I read more and thought "The hell?".

At the same time, it's a genius way to make money, and damn that's some easy cash for them.

Expensive beers though.

How is this anything like being a stripper?
You play with someone. To make money. You aren't revealing yourself.

When i said stripper i meant that its pathetic. And if you think about it, a male would find this as a great way to make money but look at it through a girl's perspective, thats the point i was trying to make. Sure, its a great way to make money but in my opinon I dont think many girls want to play video games with lonely guys for a job.

Last edited:
This is just sad, why would anyone even want this kind of job? Also, Autosaver, I suggest you try a beta testing career instead...

1. I am not a woman.. so I wouldn't do this. (I said if I was.. maybe I could earn some easy cash)
2. I am not having a job in video gaming. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back