Sonic Accel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn the footsteps sounds off, for the love of god. I can imagine those getting incredibly annoying after 5 minutes or so, let alone having to put up with a full game of it.

I'd complain more, but most of the rest of my issues are based on the concepts thus far, and knowing what you've been like previously in several boards I imagine most of my complaining would go in one ear and out the other.

What exactly makes this Sonic fan-game different from the bajillions of other Sonic fan-games out there? This looks remarkably undistinct.

I hereby challenge somebody to create a good 2D Sonic fangame WITHOUT the homing attack or boost. I'd try it myself, but alas I totally lack the technical aptitude or the time. I had enough trouble attempting to fiddle with the stage creator tutorial last week.

What exactly makes this Sonic fan-game different from the bajillions of other Sonic fan-games out there? This looks remarkably undistinct.

I hereby challenge somebody to create a good 2D Sonic fangame WITHOUT the homing attack or boost. I'd try it myself, but alas I totally lack the technical aptitude or the time. I had enough trouble attempting to fiddle with the stage creator tutorial last week.

I have no idea what "remarkably undistinct" means. The stages will have many routes and a lot of things will be genesisy. And each stage will have a special gimmick.

Okay, but so far this game seems to be a carbon-copy of your Sonic Nitro Adventure, with a boost bar. Why don't you focus on your earlier project instead? It was getting good.

The "boost" looks quite unnecessary anyways, since it doesn't seem to make you go any faster than Sonic's top speed. Same for the dash panels and etc., they just feel unneeded.

Besides characters, what's new? The entire video is you going in the same circle all the damn time. You aren't really showing us anything.

Tails seems overpowered in levels, while Shadow has no advantage. In bosses, Shadow will be considered abusive, probably.

Last edited:
Tails just fly's and can shoot upward rings. Shadow can get to secret routes using his Chaos Blast. And how is he abusive in bosses? :S

He'll be able to blast them repetedly, making his boss battles really, really boring. You could fix that by making Shadow build up a meter before using Chaos Blast.

Um, those are not genesis sprites, why are there egg things? if you promised us genesis, we'd want buzz bombers, and redo the characters, and give them real genesis sprites, not crappy edits.

What egg things? I men't genesis style characters and the cut scenes are genesisy and so is the save data screen and stuff.

Looks like I'm late for another round of "RegoTheAlien ignores constructive criticism".

Everything that was wrong with your last project, which I can only assume you've binned now, is wrong with this one. And I don't think I need to point out what's wrong with the phrase "the cut scenes are genesisy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back