The Beatles: Rock Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Knew you were gonna start this topic. They should make a GH:DT or RB:DT for Dream Theater. Harder than TTFAF man.

So!

The game is amazing. Group play is an absolute joy (moreso than other rock band games, since it's moreso about a collective group playing familiar songs than rocking that finger-mashing solo), and online play is as hassle-free as it gets (Click one fret, you're there).

On an unrelated note, I was skimming the net and I came across this gem of a quote that I just have to share:

Harmonix is like a musician that would play even for no money, while Activision is like a wedding singer that won't show up until the check clears.
HMX has actually admitted that this may be a financial disaster waiting to happen, which I actually commend. If they're willing to go the extra mile, put in more effort, even for no monetary gain, then they certainly do more than any other company would.

I also got to try GH5. Not to shabby, to be honest. The sad truth, however, is that GH5 is the first title in a long time in which Activision actually puts forth an effort to create something different and appealing (party mode and the like), and it's selling even less than GHWT, which was just very bad copy of Rock Band.

Last edited:
Actually, if I had to get a Rock Band game, it would be this one. Firstly, because I don't know any of the Beatles songs except perhaps Yellow Submarine (which is because a bunch of kids from my old troop used to sing it on a regular basis), secondly, because I don't like mainstream music nowadays... Enya, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Hans Zimmer, all manner of VGM remixes... what do they have in common? None of them play on the radio (well Evanescence has "Call me when You're Sober" and "Bring me to Life" on the radio, but those are not their best songs by a long-shot).

Beatles comes from an era where mainstream music did not involve a bunch of teens singing cheesy lyrics, a girl trying to blur the line between a music video and a, well, you know what I mean, and a bunch of bad voices trying to hide their lack of talent behind really, REALLY loud electric guitar.

Beatles just feel more wholesome, which is more than I can say about any Guitar Hero or Rock Band group I've seen thus far, so I may actually consider this game if I had the money for it.

I tried this game, it's REALLY fun to play because the Marching Band that I'm in are playing the Beatles songs.

I'd get this for Wii if my room actually had enough space for those toy instruments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back