Post your Desktop

Nothing much to see here.
1z5lyts.jpg

WARNING: IMAGES NOT 56K FRIENDLY!
Also I did not make the pictures. I suck at drawing.
My Windows 7 background:
rkzo6d.png

The picture I'm using for Windows XP:
5x77o0.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got my GNOME desktop looking exactly the way I like, so I'm here to share a screenshot.

I'm using the following:
WE Ergo Blue Metacity theme, ported from the popular Watercolor Emico XP visual style.
GNOME-Colors Brave icons. The same set that NiteAngel is using, but a different color.
I don't remember where I found the Final Fantasy 9 wallpaper, but a Google image search should make quick work of that if you want it.

ubuntudesktop.png

It was kinda funny seeing Obama and the guy behind him in a picture that mostly has video game characters. Just a tad out of place.

In any case, my desktop in Ubuntu 9.04 (no ewww wrong KDE or GNOME version or what other Linux rambling please, I'm perfectly fine with my current setup) with an image that I draw on hand, and colored in GIMP.

EDIT: Also, had to leave that music box bit in the upper right due to that song being absolutely awesome.

Screenshot-25.png

Last edited:
2dqks2f.png

I spent all afternoon screwing this up and repairing it. That said, you all better like it...

Artwork source: SEGA, independent artists (Mighty and Fang)
Compiled at Concept Mobius

Last edited:
Decided to change up my laptop's Plasma Desktop layout:

LaptopDesktop_2009-10-19.png

The panel at the top is just for me to quickly launch programs I like. I still use the standard Windows-style taskbar and menu (which can be seen at the bottom). Also, that top panel will go behind programs, but will pop up when I mouse up to the top edge (within the panel's width). I'll try it out for a couple days, and if it bothers me too much, I'll switch to it always going under windows.

Oh, and that book thing in the bottom-right corner is for me to more easily access key items and programs at a whim (it brings up a list of shortcuts I put in /galactica/Collegebin) for when I'm about to take notes in lecture or whatever. The light switch lets me toggle compositing in case it's causing me grief (gotta love a WM that supports both modes).

Last edited:
desktop2.jpg

I cannot imagine how you guys with a huge amount of desktop icons can live. =P

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back