RP (role playing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draykon said:
However I'd like to remind you all of this: If Logan says you can't do something, you can't do it. End of story.

Which brings up my solution again: host another forum or master server for those guys that are ten and under. I have my own webspace, so I can easily do this myself. In fact, I might, just because it'll get rid of the younger community's need for the master server, and the older community's need to ban them. Win-win?

That would be brilliant but for the minor fact that you're the fiftieth person to suggest doing that. No one's ever gotten around to hosting another MS of even close to comparable quality to the official one.

Right, okay. I'll do that then.

But as I was saying, I mentioned another option: a forum. The thing with the Master Server is that these people have to use it to get any attention, but the Master Server rules prohibits hangouts and roleplays. So, a "netgame" forum will be used for organizing any netgame at all. Chat servers, hangouts, roleplays, it all goes there. Grammar is not a necessity, and you don't need to register to post on that forum. Asshats won't be tolerated, of course, so the forum will still be slightly moderated.

If one of the SRB2MB users wants to post on that forum, but really doesn't want to stick around the "noobs", then a moderator can deem him/her mature enough and give him permission to access the secret forums, which guests and immature eight-year-olds won't be able to see.

The forum isn't fully plotted out, but I'll get to the ruleset and such soon enough.

Sumakima said:
Sciky, SRB2 Guy, Insert Name Here, Sky Ninja, h4mg4 (did I get that right,) and I report them for said rule breaking.

You forgot me...

But ya, hangout is boring. I'd rather race through levels then sit at the start talking.

Well anyway, the reason I see hangout is evil is that:

1) If I wanted to talk etc. I'd do it in real life, OR a chatroom.
2) There are MMO games that are actually designed for that kind of stuff.
3) Part of RPing means not being allowed to do anything, such as shoot people or finish the level. :<

Draykon said:
I'm just going to but in here, to say that it dosen't waste THAT much bandwidth. However I'd like to remind you all of this: If Logan says you can't do something, you can't do it. End of story. No amount of complaining is ever going to change anything. The Master Server is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship, and Logan is the head dick.

ok,what about a request that i do? if Logan could read what i said.Simply accepting MATURE role playing.Any term about sex,drug, and all what that 13+ will not be accepted,and can even get banned.

if its needed,im gonna make a post only of signature for accepting mature RP in srb2.Yep somehow it can be childish but playing as a caracter that you have maid isnt....because he might dont have the stupid personality of those childish hedgehog in Sonic...anyway,there some 8year kid that play this game.So it could be childish but that fine lol?that gay but there no problem with it.If they have fun well nobody care.The game isnt made for RP....but it could be.Just look all the wad caracter we got,and say they they are not used for rp only (for exemple that damn recolor mephile) i mean amyrose is mostly used for rp lol

another fact;almost every online game have rp in it,childish or not(exemple: runescape<----childish and world of warcraft<----mature)

i just hope you,god(logan), can read this

Using proper punctuation and such is MUCH easier than wadding. If you can't do that, you simply can't make anything half the quality of SSN's work.

Sumakima said:
Edit" Yes, Spazzo. I've learned to read "engrish" on my time on the internet. Took me about 6 months of training.
6 months? I got it in 2. Anyway, when I was first starting SRB2, I rped a couple of times. STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE! I now learn from my own mistakes, learn from others, and be one of the people helping fix this problem (talk about a life-long commitment.)

Sonicandtails218 said:
No one's ever gotten around to hosting another MS.

To be honest, if I really wished, I could host my own 24/7 MS on my TheUNIX Shell, but I don't want to, know why? Because I despise crappy servers and don't want my bandwidth allocation being sucked up by that. Even if the transfer speed is over 20 times faster than Logan's (100mbps down, no idea what the up is, or it may be the up that's 100...?)

While role playing in of itself is not bad, the type of players this game attracts are simply VERY bad at it, and their stupid chat/rp games cluttered up the master server. It's highly annoying to try to play the game the way it was intended and just finding a bunch of idiots who can't role play at all trying to role play on all the servers available. It made it nearly impossible to find a game where you could just play the game the way it was intended to be played. This lead to people intentionally mucking up role playing servers for the fun of it, shooting the people running the game or using Tails to fly people busy typing into bottomless pits.

A large number of people were quite happy when we banned role playing from the master server, and we are not planning on removing that restriction.

If you want to role play, there are plenty of other games designed to do so. Personally, I'd highly suggest getting your friends together and playing Dungeons and Dragons. It's an incredibly fun experience. If you're more of a loner, World of Warcraft has some servers specifically designed for RP. If you're dead-set on role playing in SRB2 (which honestly is not a particularly good interface for doing so), host a private game without advertising it on the master server and have your friends join by IP address.

Just remember that advertising a role playing game on the master server will indeed lead to a ban from the master server. Avoid doing that, and you're fine.

Sumakima said:
Sky Ninja said:
Sumakima said:
Edit" Yes, Spazzo. I've learned to read "engrish" on my time on the internet. Took me about 6 months of training.
6 months? I got it in 2.
No, no, listen. I can speak perfect n00b. Its is not as easy as it sounds.
That's what I mean. At first, every single server I joined was a noob server. I was around them so often (at least 3 times, every day), I learned fast.

Blade the Reapers server = non-n00b server *shot*

Anyway, I never ever join games anymore. last time I did,
every single server was filled with an overwhelming number of
n00bs. D:. WTF. I always host so that if a n00b decides to join,
and antagonize me, or break an MS rules, I kick/ban them. Almost
always, the servers up are in some way, breaking the rules. D:
also sonic rp is IMMATURE knucky. I don't know why your upset.
Sonic was made to be played, his sense of speed to be taken
advantage of. Standing and chatting is not doing that. :/ Besides,
why would you RP, hangout, roleplay, etc. in such a customizable,
versatile game? Theres almost nothing you can't do with srb2.

Well I do hangouts on MSN. When my friends make a hangout game on SRB2, we do it privatly. But our hangouts are more so playing tag or sniping each other in match. I wouldn't consider it a hangout I guess. If I want to talk to someone, I either pick up the phone or go on MSN. Enough Said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back