SRB2 for Pocket PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malan

Hello everyone, I'm Malan, a Sonic fan, I'm french, I'm 18 and I love SRB2.

I wonder if it's possible to make a version of SRB2 for Pocket PC, cause this game will be very fun on a little computer.

No no I'm not crazy :P a Pocket PC like a Qtek with 400Mhz and 128Mo RAM is enough to play this game, Doom or Quake are perfectly emulated. Then, multiplayer is possible with the GPRS network, or with the Bluetooth or the Wi-Fi (ok ok I stop dreaming ^^)

But this is maybe a little too hard to make :lol:
Tell me what do you think of that.

I've heard that srb2 is more vicious with memory than the original doom or anything like that, am I wrong?

Cause if that's the case, it may not work ^^``

I've actually been thinking about this lately! Over the summer I've been doing a lot of PocketPC programming in C for my job. I might do a port of 1.1.

I don't know anything about PocketPC programming, but I hope you stick around, Malan. French people are cool, and you seem to be no exception.

Oh, thanks a441 :wink: but french are not very good in english, so excuse me if I'm doing some mistakes :P

SSNTails : Great, you've got a lot of skill and I know that you'll make a success !
Oh, I forgot : congratulation, your game is very nice, I'm the cowebmaster of the famous french site Sonic-Online.net and we often play online, that's very fun !
Keep on the good work !

This is off-topic, but if you are searching another musician for your game, juste tell me, I've got a great synth and I can do anything you want (I'm very good to make some Sonic's remixes).

PPC programming is really easy, a441. Microsoft provides Visual C++ for free, and you can use the Win32 API and everything. It's a lot like writing for the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back