• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Are these sprites appropriate for SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomariTheAdventurer

The Omelette Man
25ourn4.jpg

Obviously, they aren't at this second. SRB2 sprites do not have black outlines, and I need a side sprite. I have revived an old project. I'll probably fail again, but hey. A man can try.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Could someone move this into editing help? I completely forget about that section.. whoops..

The concept is fine, but your style of aesthetics could use some work, particularly on the face and some of the shading. Study some of the official sprites to see how yours can blend in better with them.

25ourn4.jpg

Obviously, they aren't at this second. SRB2 sprites do not have black outlines, and I need a side sprite. I have revived an old project. I'll probably fail again, but hey. A man can try.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Could someone move this into editing help? I completely forget about that section.. whoops..
Hmm... Yeah, the shading needs some work, and you should kill the outlines or convert them into colored ones.
Don't worry about them looking like SRB2 sprites. There are so many styles, its not even funny.

It's not that SRB2 has many "styles" as much it has a "these sprites were drawn before 2003" style, "these sprites were drawn after 2008" style, and "these are ugly sprites from a 3d model" style.

Aim for the middle one. Study in particular: Chuckles, Eggman, Metal Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back