The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are you saying that witchcraft is real?
Grab yer torches and pitchforks, buuurn the witch!

it__s_magic_by_csimadmax-d3f22j0.png

Last edited:
Wait, are you saying that witchcraft is real?

In short, yes!

I've known a lot of people and have a number of relatives that were BIGTIME into the occult at one point or another. And believe me, that stuff gets sick and twisted very, very fast. Think, for example, the sort of twisted that involves human sacrifice.

In short, yes!

I've known a lot of people and have a number of relatives that were BIGTIME into the occult at one point or another. And believe me, that stuff gets sick and twisted very, very fast. Think, for example, the sort of twisted that involves human sacrifice.

Don't tar them all with the same brush.

Practicers of witchcraft have just as much of a right to believe in nonsense as followers of any other religion.

Don't tar them all with the same brush.

Practicers of witchcraft have just as much of a right to believe in nonsense as followers of any other religion.

Just because you have a right to do it doesn't mean it's right to do it.
^I like that one. :}
And when your beliefs include killing people for sacrifices, raping people, and things of the sort... I think that's a bit too far, is it not? Granted, not all practicers do that, but... What's to stop them?

I've known a lot of people and have a number of relatives that were BIGTIME into the occult at one point or another.
Oh. Occult. Yeah, that's actually pretty... non-witchcraft-y. That's just esoteric crap. Witchcraft would be actual magic practiced by evil witches that were summoned from hell etc etc.

Just because you have a right to do it doesn't mean it's right to do it.
As long as you don't harm anyone else, what's wrong about it? And if you do harm somebody else, you don't have the right to do it anyway.

And when your beliefs include killing people for sacrifices, raping people, and things of the sort... I think that's a bit too far, is it not?
I think that's a bit too far-fetched, isn't it? It's extremely rare that people actually do these kinds of things.

Granted, not all practicers do that, but... What's to stop them?
I dunno, maybe their conscience?

MLP_69.png

((I love this zebra <3))

And when your beliefs include killing people for sacrifices, raping people, and things of the sort... I think that's a bit too far, is it not? Granted, not all practicers do that, but... What's to stop them?

Yes, not all practicers go to the extreme of sacrifices or...rape, but at the same time prejudice thoughts regarding them are also not right either, hence one of the points of the episode when Zecora was introduced. It's a matter of perspective when regarding these types of practices along the kinds of people who preform it.

Last edited:
Oh. Occult. Yeah, that's actually pretty... non-witchcraft-y. That's just esoteric crap. Witchcraft would be actual magic practiced by evil witches that were summoned from hell etc etc.

Not what I meant. When I said witchcraft, I meant any sort of activity which includes seeking out "friendly spirits" that roam the earth, e.g. fortune telling, spells, things like that. Mind you, I don't necessarily think there is actually really spirits involved in most of it, but I definitely believe it can, and has happened on occasion.

As long as you don't harm anyone else, what's wrong about it? And if you do harm somebody else, you don't have the right to do it anyway.
See, here's where you and I differ, and with good reason. If there is no God, then that all is just crap, and we can disregard it. However, I believe that there is a God, and sides of both good and evil. It follows, then, that such practices would be considered as fraternizing with the enemy. Like I said though, we differ on the key point here, so there's really no use debating this, we'd be better off debating the question of whether there is a god or not.

I think that's a bit too far-fetched, isn't it? It's extremely rare that people actually do these kinds of things.
Meh, I guess it's kind of like cults. Innocent seeming on the outside, but the deeper you get into it, the weirder and dirtier it gets. Those on the outskirts of it may not even know what goes on at the center.

I dunno, maybe their conscience?
It's pretty much an established fact that quite a number of humans disregard their consciences altogether.

Hm, I didn't mean to turn this thread into another debate... Perhaps if we really want to go on with this, we should move it to the Colosseum? Personally I don't really want to continue with this in particular, as we won't get anywhere with our different overarching viewpoints.

The season finale is airing tommorow... Anyone else looking forward to it?

(Personally, I have a computer class with a pretty lax teacher around the time it comes on, so I'm most likely gonna see if the various streams are all blocked by the school filter.)

That song was amazing when I heard it on the stream at school. (I couldn't wait to see it!)

Then I heard it at home, from the DVR recording.

...I... don't know what to say...

This is probably my new favorite song of the series, if not of all time.

Just one thing to say:

Best. Season. Finale. Ever.

Now to wait patiently for season 2!

It ended kinda abruptly to me. I was expecting a commercial break, not a credits sequence! XD

Psychoshy has made equal status on my Pony Opinions as Pinkamena Diane Pie. (Sad, Crazy, and/or Cupcakes Pinkie Pie.) I am scared shitless of her.

Maybe it's the lack of "Knowing Is Half The Battle" letter to Celestia.

Last edited:
Yeah, when I was sneaking it in at school I was getting kinda worried when it was five minutes to the end of the timeslot and there didn't seem to be any sign of it stopping. It really seems like they shoved everything they could into the episode and the ending got cut off.

Perhaps S2E1 (Oh god I'm using episode codes with S-numbers and it's still 6 friggin months till they are valid) will open right there. With Luna walking in and asking what the hay was up, then cue the Benny Hill chase and <insert long winded 45-paragraph Wild Mass Guess here> THEN the episode ends with a Twilight -> Celestia letter and Celestia ordering Luna hang with them to get over the traumatic experience being Night Mare Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back