Sonic the Hedgehog: The OVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Old-ish movie, I know, but still. Haven't seen it yet, but it seems cool. I'm getting it via Netflix and I'm wondering if it's any good or not. I'll post MY review after I watch it. No spoilers please, those things tempt me so. I just want your rating and why you think it was good. KTHXBYE

It's...average. The voices are annoying and the acting is very bad, the plot is nothing special whatsoever, character development seems absent, and there isn't really any backstory either. It's a movie for the fans that have already played Sonic games in the past. It might depend on how much you like the franchise to like this movie.

My cousin showed me some of it and like DanteEX said, it's a average movie. The graphics came from Soinc CD, at least as far I can remember. It depends on how much you like Sonic.

If you have the chance to get it, I would reccomend a view. If just because it had certain qualities that "so bad it's good" quality, with the strange British Sonic.

"HMM, SEEMS LIKE I GOT HERE TO LATE."

"STRAAAAAAAANGE, ISN'T IT?"

But, overall. It's just an average animated film, good by the standards of game to film adaption though.

You can just watch it off of you tube. Hell, I downloaded the whole movie off of a video converter, even watched it on a friends PS3. Its fun by standards, the music is cool, the plot is pretty worthy, I would give it a C+.

The music in particular is very mid-90s'ish pop (which is fantastic in my opinion), and features my favorite style of all Sonic animations. I think you'll like it.

I'm going to buy the DVD online eventually, 'cause I only have the VHS and it's only in the english dub.
But I loved the movie... At least compared to every other "video game to movie" there is out there.

Yeah, I kind of liked it.

I watched the movie like 100 times when I was little. I even tried to act out the movie while it was playing.

X_x

It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's worth watching just for the fun of watching it.

You know what, it'd be great if Shadow had Sonic's voice actor from this movie. I mean, Shadow's current voice sucks anyway, and it'd be perfect comic material for a scene of Sonic and Shadow duking it out.

Shadow: "You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, because I know everything YOU'RE going to do! STRANGE, ISN'T IT?"

Why in the world was Knuckles hovering? He wasn't gliding, he was just levitating in the air at the scene where he and Sonic Celebrate the victory over Metal Robotnik.

It was mindless entertainment; I enjoyed it. It's also clear after seeing it that Sonic's "inappropriate touching" PSA was directed at Tails.

It was mindless entertainment; I enjoyed it. It's also clear after seeing it that Sonic's "inappropriate touching" PSA was directed at Tails.

This best sums it up really. It doesn't even matter if you like Sonic. If you are into the whole Jap Anime scene then this is just for you. There is no backstory , there is no reference to the games outside the characters themselves, Sonic can now magically disappear and float in the air just because he is the hero, a catgirl, and plenty of over the top fighting.

But hey! Some of the best and only animated Metal Sonic footage you will ever see aside from the Sonic Cd ending cutscene.

And I really wish people would stop calling this a movie. It is an OVA. It is two episodes of a failed anime that were pasted together and marketed as a movie to celebrate the release of the Dreamcast. Okay. It really is a pet peeve of mine.

If it's the one where tails spazzes out at sonic, then i think sonics reaction would have been....... Tails:"GO TO HELL!!!" Sonic:"WHAT THE HELL!!!"

One of the better movi- er, OVAs, out there. Because it has the "nMddle finger", "Bad Tails", and other scenes like that. It also sounds like Tails has a cold, and it has the famous quote "My hat's on fire!". The production value is somewhat low, but other than that, it was great overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back