Is anybody getting a swine flu vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Metal

ZNemeald
Just in the mail I got a letter from school about a vaccine.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

The CDC anticipates the H1N1 flu vaccine (formerly Swine flu) will be ready for distribution within the next couple of months. Children ages 10 years and older will receive 1 dose; children 9 years and under will need 2 doses. The vaccine is VOLUNTARY and not a school requirement. AT this time the priority populations have been identified, including pregnant woman, care-takers and household contacts of children less 6 months of age, and all individuals 6 months of age, and all individuals 6 months to 24 years of age.

We are partnering with the Camden County Health and Human Services Department to provide vaccinations for children in our school.in order to reserve an approximate vaccine supply we need an estimate of how many parents would POSSIBLY be interested in having their child(ren) vaccinated at a school-based clinic.

Please complete the information below and return this to Mrs.______ in the Main office no later than October 1, 2009. Your expressions of interest does not obligate you to receive the vaccine at school. At the school=based clinic, H1N1 vaccination is VOLUNTARY AND FREE of charge

For more information on H1N1, you can go to http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1 Thank you for your cooperation.

I personally wont get it because
I hate shots (lucky I only need 1)
The flu will get immune to the vaccine soon
I don't eat pork (I know it doest matter)
I heard on google that the vaccine is dangerous

Last edited:
Remember the virus is spreading quickly AND can kill people.

I might get it because someone at my school has it, and we change classes often. I personally don't want to take risks.

I don't eat pork
That has nothing to do with it. Pork does not cause this type of flu. Why do people keep thinking that? It's been all over the news.

On the other hand I will get it because for one I doubt it's as dangerous as a regular flu shot and I'd rather feel safer.

I might get it because someone at my school has it, and we change classes often. I personally don't want to take risks.

All strains of the flu can kill people, especially the elderly, the very young, and those with crapped-out immune systems. I think I heard on the news that swine flu might infect a greater portion of healthy kids and adults, but quite frankly, I think the media is blowing the danger of H1N1 out of proportion.

By the way, I happen to attend a university that has had multiple people infected with that strain of the flu. Although I don't know what exactly has transpired, I also know that a lot of research related to the disease has gone on here.

Last edited:
Not getting it. My mother's soup and some orange juice every day after school will be enough. And if I DO get it, I'll be at home before I can infect anyone else.

In some remote corner of the world.

I'm not getting a vaccine. Considering that I spend 75% of the time indoors in my own house (who needs this 'sunlight?') and the other 25% isn't usually social anyway, there's really no panic for me.

No I will not. I had the H1N1 virus in April and got over it in about 8 hours because I have an unusually strong immune system. It probably wouldn't affect me at all now so their is no reason in getting a vaccine.

Last edited:
No I will not. I had the HINI virus in April and got over it in about 8 hours because I have an unusually strong immune system. It probably wouldn't affect me at all now so their is no reason in getting a vaccine.
It's H1N1, not HINI. And yes, you're immune to H1N1.

The only reason it's killing young people more than old is because it's a strain of an older flu, meaning older folks already have immunity to it, but for the younger generation it's a totally alien virus.

If you are healthy, eat well, exercise, and aren't pregnant, there's no reason for you to get this vaccine. You'll probably be over it as quickly as akirahedgehog was.

I just did some research and discovered that the H1N1 subtype was responsible for the 1918 "Spanish Flu" that killed 50 to 100 million people. Very interesting and I'm guessing not many people even know this.

I just did some research and discovered that the H1N1 subtype was responsible for the 1918 "Spanish Flu" that killed 50 to 100 million people. Very interesting and I'm guessing not many people even know this.

Its been all over the news....... :<

I am also a kid, so it affects me. Since my immune system isn't as strong as Chisuun's,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back