Im shrinking down srb2 for a project, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to shrink down srb2 to make a pocket pc/maybe mobile app. Im gonna start simple as I dont know how to do any stuff with doom engins. I need to take out all the sound effects as the rubbish sound cards Im expecting to deal with cant handle more than the background midi. how would i remove all the files and possibly the script too? What programs should I have?

You can use XWE to clear out the OGGs from SRB2's music.dta file. Make sure to do a clean up when you do that though...

BlueZero4 said:
Wouldn't just deleting music.dta be better, period?

MIDI information takes up so little memory, it's better to just keep it there for the music.

Ok Ive opened the music dta file and deleted all the oggs (thanks dark warrior), but I cant seem to find any kind of save and it seems to be saving it as a BAK file all the time. What am I doing wrong?

OK Ive found out that none of the sfx are stored in the music file, the oggs in there are little samples used for the music. They are all stored in the srb2.srb file. Ive tried deleting them but the game refuses to boot with them gone. What do you think?

First, you edit srb2.srb, then use the MD5 checker on it. Right down the MD5 hash of it, then go into SRB2's source code. Go to D_Main.c, and then scroll down to where it says "W_VerifyMD5" or something like that, then change the MD5 check of srb2.srb to what the md5 has you wrote down earlier was. Then you need to compile it, which is a whole different story.

You're trying to make a portable version of SRB2? No offense but, you don't seem like you know how to compile srb2 in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back