SRB2 downloadable soundtrack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually prefer Sonic CD over S3&K. I loved S3&K's ridiculous length, but I liked everything else about CD more.

Actually the modern-day invincibility theme was around back then (Which is now the speed shoe music), and was on the CD version of SRB2Xmas 0.96. I didn't have a MIDI for it back then yet so I had to conjure up something else quick.

I don't recall there being any other game over music than the one currently being used...? O_o

Eh, I dunno where I heard it anymore, so I suppose I can chalk it up to senility. Could've sworn one existed, though...

There was never another invincibility tune. Funny story about that one tune though. The currently-used Speed Shoes tune was both speed shoe and invincibility for years and years. I made the modern Invincibility tune about two years ago I believe. It took AJ a good year to finally switch them over to their locations today. I'm still not sure what took him so long, but the reason he finally got it out the way was more than likely due to the amount of perstering I did.

Communication errors at work. :D

I'm having trouble extracting music from numbers 100 to 108 and 1036 to 1049, and the walkthrough a441 provided doesn't help much. Anyone care to shed some light here?

Hi, I'm a441.

You'll notice I mentioned you should only follow that list up to 108. I also pointed out "100-108 on the list correspond to O_MAPA0M through O_MAPA8M."

The later ones simply have names: O_CREDIT/D_CREDIT, O_READ_M/D_READ_M, INVINC, TITLES, SHOES, GMOVER, CONTSC, etc.

"lumpmod music.dta list >musiclumps.txt" will produce a musiclumps.txt file with all the names.

I like Sonic 2 more with Knuckles in it... I kinda wish there was a Sonic 1 and Knuckles, but I guess the engines were just too massively different to handle it that way...

I know a way! First dwonload this program called ZipZag. Look for it on the internet, or someone may post it up here. Then use that program to open up "music.dta" in your SRB2 folder. Look for the extraction function to extract those files to a folder of your choice. Don't worry. The files in the music.dta will still be there. Then open up that folder and you will see that all those files are "file" files. Open up the internet and go to www.google.com and search "Sony Sound Forge 8." Click on the link, "Sony Media Software - Sound Forge 8." (It should be there somewhere.) Once you're there, look up and click on "downloads" and go to "Trials and Demos." Click on "Sound Forge 8." and then click on "Sound Forge Trial." You will then proceed to a download window. Save it and wait............................................................................................ok. Open up the installer and install the program to your computer. Then you must register it and type in some information. (You don't really have to. Just check the box at the bottom of the registration window.) The application will now load and open. Open any one of the "file" file in the folder where you extracted the files from "music.dta." It will load all the peaks for the file. Look up at the main toolbar and click on "tools" and then go click on "Batch Converter." Go to the "Metadata" tab and type in the information of the music you opened. Once finished, go to the "Save" tab and click on "Add Save Options..." Make sure you convert to WMA format because the MP3 format doesn't work. (It make work on your computer, but it doesn't work on mine.) Look at the "Append to Name" section and type in the name of the file you wish to save the music file as. Now look at the "Save files to:" section and open up the directory you wish to save the music file in. Press "Ok." Finally, press "Run Job." You are ready to go!!!!!
Don't worry! It actually will change those "file" files to music files!!!!!

its open source, you know. You just have to crack it open in XWE and save the OOG files as. Its no secret, and thinking that you've found out something incredible that will revolutionize the community gets you nowhere. Trust me on this, kay?

Not to mention that the topic's two years old. I know that you're new to forums and such... but bumping old topics is often frowned upon by others, just so you know. I don't think it's against the rules on this board anymore, but it is kind of pointless. People come and go from this community, and sometimes you'll end up trying to talk to someone that doesn't even go here anymore.

And by the way, you don't need all that software to get the music. :/

No, bumping IS generally frowned on, if pointless.
It's clear he doesn't understand WAD editors.
But at least it was a useful bump.

I mean, someone THIS new to boards, who can type this well...Deserves a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back