Srb2 Mac Network Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is one out there because I have downloaded it. On Srb2 Mac It will not connect to other servers, my friend(also on Srb2 Mac same version as me) Wanted to join me in a CTF, well, he first tried joining from internet, that didn't work, but then I told him my IP address EXACTLY, and that didn't work. Also, The master server was up and running, we tried it a couple min. ago.

Can only the Windows Version of Srb2 connect to the Master Server?

I run on a windows OS and am able to join games just fine.
Have you forwarded your ports?

well, I run on the Apple Computer Mac OSx, Do you think that might have anything to do with it?
And I don't know how to do that on the Mac, do you know how (Or anyone?)

MegamanZero29292 said:
well, I run on the Apple Computer Mac OSx, Do you think that might have anything to do with it?
And I don't know how to do that on the Mac, do you know how (Or anyone?)
If it can run SRB2 then yes netplay should work, forward your port's on your router and then it should work fine (also disable firewall on your router if it has one)

well, what's the version number of the SRB2 Mac you downloaded?
If it's 1.09.4, then I'm not sure. I'm extremely biased against Mac computers, so I'm not going to give out my personal advice.

Well, for forwarding ports you have to know what driver(Router) You have, but it doesn't have support for my model, so I geuss I should just look at another one maybe? Also, how do I figure out my Username and Password?

I have Fowarded my Ports, and it still won't connect with other people...what;s up?
Can I only connect to other Apple Mac Computers or Something? Or is the Master Server down? Or can I connect with other players no matter what?

Couldn't anyone PLEASE help me with this problem?!?!?!? All I need is to know if there is some Apple Mac user who can play online with other people! Or someone PLEASE help, I really want to play with other people. If you can't help, that's fine.

I heard that Intel Mac can go online and play netgame. And the G3, G4, and G5 had the net code removed because it caused a lot of problems online. Not sure on all of this, but I do know you can not play a netgame on a G series Mac.

Hey, im running srb2 on a intel mac and it doesn't seem to pick up the master server either. Ive checked and the server should list the people hosting, but it keeps saying that no ones hosting on the server. id check myself to see if the right MS is listed in the game but im not fimiliar with Mac srb2. Any tips?

I'm using a G3 iMac with Mac OS 10.4.11, and am also having trouble w/ netgames. I have forwarded my ports and everything, and am still having trouble. I am the friend megaman zero spoke of, he has the same type of cpu as I do, only he is using an older an older OS.

Also, could someone tell me what address to put in as the master server? I changed it trying to see if anything else would work and I think I may have written it down wrong.

I'm running a Core 2 Duo Mac running OS 10.5.3, and I can connect just fine. The PowerPC version of SRB2 has various issues with the engine and networking, so there may not be a solution for playing netgames on PPC machines.

LoganA said:
http://home.srb2.org/~alam/SRB2/Srb2Mac/
new bulild
My ibook g4 can't run it for some reason. No errors or anything. Is this version for Intel Mac only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back