Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing this wasn't announced here yet- if you go to www.pokemon.com now, you can play a special brick breaking game, which allows you to choose one of the Eevee evolutions.
I went with Umbreon, I was going to go with ether Leafeon, Glaceon or Espeon, but... I already have them.

I just wonder what are the chances of getting them with their Dream World Abilities, perhaps it's random like any other wild Pokemon and such.

I believe they're guaranteed to have the DW abilities?

I was gonna go for Umbreon, but then I decided on Espeon because Magical Bounce makes me think of a little pokemon bouncing around in a little colored ball and that made me chuckle.

...You know, if I had any of the GBA pokemon games laying around, I would totally take the Umbreon and Espeon from Colosseum.

Originally Posted by RedEchidna
...You know, if I had any of the GBA pokemon games laying around, I would totally take the Umbreon and Espeon from Colosseum.

That's what I did. Since I used them almost exclusively in Colosseum, they were already lvl 75+, so I trained them to level 100, and now sent 'em to Black/White.

3 of my 7 eevee evolutions are level 100 now. The other 4 are level 5 though...

>:C

Stupid difficulty spikes.

No seriously, my pokemons were about 45 when I entered Victory Road, and suddenly, everyone skipped levels 43 (the 8th leader's strongest is 43) to 46! Usually, trainers that appear after a gym are weaker than it...
Oh but that's not the serious difficulty spike.
All of the new places after the completion of the game are level 60+, while mine are barely 50!
Anyone got a suggestion where can I train, 'cause I'm sort of stuck now, and I really wanna reach White Forest and etc...

I don't see how them having pokemons a level higher than yours is hard. As for the second case... I say train your pokemons in the Elite 4. Will obviously take awhile, so prepare for at least 3 hours of intense training in the Elite 4.

And that's considering their pokemons didn't leveled up when ya beat the game.
So, yeah, have fun :b

I fought off things over thirty levels above me in fourth gen. The new experience formula makes it much less likely for such things to ever happen, and if you use a bit of strategy to take stuff down 15-20 levels below them, you'll level up quite quickly for your effort. Unintentionally walking into Cynthia's building and engaging the fight in Japanese, I still managed to beat her 25 levels outmatched, so it's most definitely doable. Just bring a lot of revives =P

And that's considering their pokemons didn't leveled up when ya beat the game.
So, yeah, have fun :b
Yeah, they did. First pokemon of the Elite 4= level 71. Godamnit I think I'll just transfer my Arceus to keel 'em all.
I fought off things over thirty levels above me in fourth gen. The new experience formula makes it much less likely for such things to ever happen, and if you use a bit of strategy to take stuff down 15-20 levels below them, you'll level up quite quickly for your effort. Unintentionally walking into Cynthia's building and engaging the fight in Japanese, I still managed to beat her 25 levels outmatched, so it's most definitely doable. Just bring a lot of revives =P
Kinda troubled with that, as I'm short on money, plus I need to go to the Pokemon Center after EVERY battle, because 4 of my team mates fainted
O~O

Well, I know this seems to be something a lot of people neglect, but status effects and stat boosting moves are very good, and can solve that problem for you unless you're dealing with something so dramatically above your level that you can't survive a single hit. Even then, those items you never use that boost stats in combat, such as X Def, are actually surprisingly helpful for such things, especially if you can get off a move that lowers your opponent's accuracy so you can set up. Something as basic as using Sand Attack twice can be crippling, as it lets you set up on things that can 2HKO you. Then you can Dragon Dance up and sweep the other team, even if they outlevel you. Also remember that the enemy trainers frequently carry full restores, so a move such as Leech Seed that doesn't count as a "real" status effect is far preferable to Toxic that they'll just cure. Obviously, using them both is even better still, but if you have to choose, go with the one they can't get rid of, as the CPU basically never switches out.

Being outleveled definitely makes it harder to just choose super effective moves and OHKO without issue, but it doesn't prevent you from disrupting the opponent in any way unless their stuff is both faster than you and capable of OHKOing your entire team, which only 10 levels of difference isn't going to do. You have to get upwards of 30 levels of difference before they can threaten that.

Thanks for the tips Mystic, they helped, but I decided to train on wild pokemon now. Slower than trainers, but safer.

Also, there's something about this game that's bugging the HELL out of me. 8 PC boxes, 646 pokemon to catch.
Seriously, this is awful! I think I'll wait for Pokemon Grey(?) to come out rather than transfer from my SoulSilver, as I've read on the Wiki that there are going to be some cool 3DS Pokemon games...
They could've delete some useless options, such as the people with instruments in cities that play music so there will be more room for more PC boxes, IMO.
EDIT: Wiki quote:
In February 2010, video gaming website Computer and Video Games reported that a select "handful" of Japanese developers were in possession of software development kits for the Nintendo DS successor, with The Pokémon Company given special priority.
EDIT2: Found another graphical glitch, if you posses White version and go to Olecupid (I THINK only White version, 'cause some NPCs say that in Black it's actually a diffrent looking, futuristic city), enter the houses. In the second floor of most, if not all houses, go to down all the way, and then right. You should see a small dot colored in something that looks like a white~brownish mixture on the black background "outside" of the house. I'll try to get a screenshot if someone asks, derp.

Last edited:
There are 24 boxes. It'll add them, 8 at a time, when you have something in each box you currently have.

Ya know, I kinda miss those times back in Ruby and Sapphire where I could just go to the Elite 4 after beating the game to max my pokemons to Lvl. 100.

Boy, what good times I tell ya...

Soooooo
according to serebii.net, a new Pokemon game's name, probably 3DS one, will be announced in the next month or less.
I can bet it's kind of like Platinum, dealing with the 3rd legendary pokemon, just instead of Giratina it'll be Kyurem, and his form without the ice "erupting" from him as the Pokedex states he has, perhaps? Or no form change at all... Meh.

I won't be getting this for a long time, since I'm selling my DSi and most of my games. However, I may get a 3DS eventually after the price goes down or whatever.

B&W just don't seem interesting enough to buy.

Soooooo
according to serebii.net, a new Pokemon game's name, probably 3DS one, will be announced in the next month or less.
I can bet it's kind of like Platinum, dealing with the 3rd legendary pokemon, just instead of Giratina it'll be Kyurem, and his form without the ice "erupting" from him as the Pokedex states he has, perhaps? Or no form change at all... Meh.

Seems kinda odd that the enhanced version would be for the 3DS if you ask me, unless it's some kind of spin off or something.

Also... isn't it a bit too early to be announcing the enhanced version?

Seems kinda odd that the enhanced version would be for the 3DS if you ask me, unless it's some kind of spin off or something.

Also... isn't it a bit too early to be announcing the enhanced version?
Maybe? 1 month after HG&SS were out, the official site had this Black&White teaser trailer, made me "d'oh!". Also, it's kind of a habbit that since Platinum they release a new pokemon game (non spinoff one) around September. Platinum> HG&SS>B&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back