Srb2 OpenGL - DirectDraw Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloiC QtB

NINJA WE MADE IT
So I was playing srb2 for a bit. After looking up stuff, I start up srb2 (I use OpenGL with DirectDraw) I suddenly find an Error starting the game. "Couldn't set video mode because it failed the test". I don't know the reason for this & why It's happening. When ever I go to any other mode other than both OpenGL & DD, those all work.
I am use to using both of those combined, now I wont be able to open the game until I click on another mode. Ya familiar with this?

Youtube
Steam

Last edited:
No it doesn't. DirectDraw is a API used by srb2dd.exe for rendering, not a rendering mode. DirectDraw and OpenGL should be perfectly fine combined with each other; in fact, if you have played OpenGL in versions of SRB2 before 2.1.12 (which had only srb2win.exe), you've been playing DirectDraw + OpenGL basically.

I made an image to clear up how things work a while back, but clearly it's time to post it again:
howtosrb2.PNG

Last edited:
I suppose that "Fail to test" means that it didn't meet the minimum requirements to be Run ?

I suppose that "Fail to test" means that it didn't meet the minimum requirements to be Run ?

No, "Fail to test" means:
failed the Display Mode Test, Video subsystem can not switch to requested Video Mode

The OS said it support this video mode, so, it try to asks for that mode, BUT the OS returned an Error on the switch.

Have you tried switching to the desired mode on the desktop before you start the game? It shouldn't have to change anything, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back