Modified Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalliz

Power up the revolution!
What counts as a modified game? Is it by adding .wads or...?
I went through SRB2 as a wad character, got all the emeralds, watched the credits, only to be greeted with "Prizes not awarded in modified games!" which was upsetting.

Adding most WAD files can make the game count as modified. The only exception, I think, are files that only replace music.

This is to prevent using overpowered characters to unlock all of the content easily.

Last edited:
The only way to play as character wads and not "modifiying the game" (to my knowledge)
Is to do it on a level pack game with its own .dta file... thing.
(but that doesn't count, the game is already modified.

Yeah, the only exception to the Modified Game rule is music packs, iirc. Even graphics packs trigger the Modified Game rule.

Also, a tip for ya: If you want to check if you've modified the game at all, type "ISGAMEMODIFIED" into the console. It'll tell you if the game is modified and if you can unlock unlockables. (ie: Say if you have the Mystic Realm loaded, which uses it's own data files.. it will say that the game is modified, but you CAN unlock secrets with the WAD)

Loading Wad,Soc or LUA Files in the game will not let you Save the Satistics
For example Loading Timer.soc to fly forever with tails is a Cheating !!
But if you have A Level Pack or a mod loaded, which uses it's own data files.. it will say that the game is modified, but you can unlock secrets with the wad ...

Create a level pack that is really just vanilla SRB2. Then add your character to it. You have a not so modified game that is still modified.
Yeah, something like that. Its the only way to save custom games with custom chars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back