How to upload wads to the forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroRampage

Video Game Youtuber
Ok, I know this is a dumb question, but I'm confused, and I'd appreciate if I wouldn't be bashed upon for asking this. I know how to start threads, obviously, but where would I start one for my wad? I think in the releases section, but then I see the submissions, and read about it, but I'm still not sure. I'd also like to know where I can submit a demo of my mod, I want to do this so I can get constructive criticism.
I prefer to ask stupid questions, in order to avoid the moderators hating me..
Thanks so much! Sorry for asking stupid questions! :D

Ok, I know this is a dumb question, but I'm confused, and I'd appreciate if I wouldn't be bashed upon for asking this. I know how to start threads, obviously, but where would I start one for my wad? I think in the releases section, but then I see the submissions, and read about it, but I'm still not sure. I'd also like to know where I can submit a demo of my mod, I want to do this so I can get constructive criticism.
I prefer to ask stupid questions, in order to avoid the moderators hating me..
Thanks so much! Sorry for asking stupid questions! :D

First, you have to submit it in the Submissions Section and then you have to wait for someone to approve your work or deny it. They can ether move it to the Release Section or it goes in the Rejected Submissions Section. This all depends on WHAT you are trying to release. They have certain rules on what can be submitted and what can't.

Last edited:
All I'm submitting is a level mod, I can't figure how to .exe mod, so I use a bat file, and it adds all of the wads to pretty much create a big wad.
Also, thanks for the reply, It certainly will prevent me from getting in trouble! :D

You'll have to use a program like 7-Zip, WinRar, or WinZip to add all the files you want to upload to a .zip or .rar file in order to attach the file to the post, though.

If you want criticism straight away, it's probably better to post a topic in Editing and put a few screenshots in there (use the F8 key ingame and then upload the files to an image host like tinypic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back