Metal Robotnik Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
IIRC the Metal Robotnik is a ton of pre-rendered 3D model animations, right? Is the actual model itself anywhere out there?

Hmm, it's gotta be somewhere....
ERZ3.png

What are your plans for it?

Last edited:
Well actually, Chaofanatic would need it in order to do a Source Filmmaker recreation of the Sonic OVA (as people have been nagging him to on Youtube, since everyone is in love with his recreation of the "Strange, isn't it?" scene. However he might need it higher-poly so I may just have to make a custom one myself. It looks to me like a lot of the details are textured on..

Dumb question. If the Black Eggman texturing was done with SRB2's palette, wouldn't we get better quality sprites? I might want to see the model to try this...

Well, if they used renderings with the program's auto shading blends then that would give colors not on the palette.

Well, if they used renderings with the program's auto shading blends then that would give colors not on the palette.

That's definitely true. If someone can find the model, I could fiddle with the shading and see if I can make a cartoon-style shader that will make it look more like the other SRB2 sprites and reduce the off-colors. If no one has the original model, I might try remaking it and see how it turns out...

It would probably turn out better if the textures themselves were made to exact srb2 style and palette, and have no (program auto-) shading in the prerenders.

Last edited:
Hmm... Does anyone know if Mystic checks his PMs? I haven't heard anything from him yet. Hopefully he'll see this thread...

Also, if anyone else knows where I can find the model, I could fiddle with it before I hear back from Mystic and get some idea of what might be done to improve it.

1) Mystic has like a bajillion PMs to sort through on any given day, so he probably missed yours.

2) I think SSNTails is the one you want to PM here, anyway, although I could be wrong (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

1) Mystic has like a bajillion PMs to sort through on any given day, so he probably missed yours.
That's probably what happened. I'm glad I don't have that many PMs.
2) I think SSNTails is the one you want to PM here, anyway, although I could be wrong (if I'm wrong, please correct me).
SSNTails' earlier post:
You'll have to ask Mystic about doing that.
makes me think that Mystic is the right person to contact, but I might have misunderstood him. If he meant, "ask Mystic to fix it" instead of, "ask Mystic if I can fix it," I might have to contact SSNTails instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back