Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get mine FuriousFox? Again, I want to say I'm sorry for sending you so many versions of it, as this is my first OLDC; I won't send you so many again.

Yes, I know it looks too much like Mystic's entry. Oh well.

No, I think it looks better than Mystic's. *shot by Mystic* Seriously. I like it. Though I do have to admit the name Mystic's chosen for his is cooler(ha, no pun intended). Frost Columns > Crystalline Cave.

Because we're the only one's who have to sift through all the Touhou crap you talk about all the time. =/

I really need a new name for Crystalline Caves. Any suggestions?

And Mystic, I thought it was just a normal stage name, with no references whatsoever.
However, JEV3 did reference Touhou too with Icicle Falls, right?

Finally, Crystalline Caves is also making some good progress. It looks prettier now, but it's not yet finished. Luckily, I'll be able to host a few times before the 31st, so I can actually test how it plays online.

Thunder Coil

With 3 days and 4 3/4 hours left until the contest, It is time to unveil Thunder Coil.
This is a collaboration entry made by me and ZarroTsu, where I made the basic outline of the map, and ZarroTsu made the rest of it.
Here's some screenshots:
srb20076.png

srb20073.png

srb20074.png

Last edited:
Looks good, Mach. Just played it, and it's a bit big, but I like the center yellow thingy that moves continually down. Though shouldn't it be thunderstorming?

Mach, the level looks good. Only thing I don't like is how the death pit is black, it would look much better if it was sky.

Looks a tad too big to me.

Also, I don't think Death Egg Zone will be entered. I still have quite a bit to do on it, and I don't want to rush it. Besides, It's most likely too hard for a contest.

I will be entering match, however, and I'll try making something else for 1P.

I was going to say, I've been rating challenging, long stages pretty highly recently. Massively difficult is a plus as long as it's not unfair, IMO.

Even still, there are many others that might down vote it because they find it too hard.

It's also a planned final zone, and I donno if I want to give it out yet.

Even still, there are many others that might down vote it because they find it too hard.
I really don't see the problem considering that your 1.09.4 version of DEZ actually scored very highly. There might be be some people who would rate t lower, but in the end I think that most people will actually give you higher scores if it's challenging.

collaboration entry
I can never get anyone to work with me no matter how much I beg on IRC. ;-;

OBLIGATORY CONTENT TIEM (look ma size tags)

Anyway, I guess I can give a little preview of my Match map. Oil Operation (formerly called Cobblestone Cavern before I flooded it with oil, feel free to use the name ;)) is a little Match map that takes place in a cavern that was discovered during an oil operation. However, the operation is still going, so half of the cave is soaked in oil.

srb20121.png

The edge of the caverns, this cave may very well go on forever... (H&S KNUX ABUSE GOGOGO) The Bounce ring is located in here, along with a WRM on a ledge, making it perfect for teleporting someone into a bottomless pit.

srb20122.png

The oil machine itself, the oil pool is much deeper than it looks, and is in fact the only pool you can die in. The Grenade ring is located on the upper floor, along with the SRM on the lower floor, in fact right before your very eyes. (I was concerned about this during testing, but people don't seem to mind.) There is also a WRM on the upper floor, which I'm planning on moving. (And don't worry about the top of the oil machine being H&S abuse, Sonic can climb up the oil falls to get up.)

srb20123.png

This cavern has been mostly undisturbed, so watch out for the stalactites if you're playing as Tails! This area is flooded with oil, but it's simply a shallow layer, which mainly sticks you to the floor. The Rail ring is located here, along with a WRM hidden in the oil.

srb20124.png

This cavern, just off the western doorway in the previous one, has also been coated with oil. This is the only entry to the upper floor of the main room for Sonics (unless you wanna try jumping up the oil falls! XD). This room contains the Bomb ring, and a window that overlooks...

srb20125.png

This corridor. A simple little sloping corridor, not much to say. This area contains the Scatter ring.

srb20126.png

Another filler corridor, not much to say here. This area contains the Auto ring, and I'm planning on moving the WRM from the center room back in. Also, if you're playing in Tag mode, the blue rock is a no-tag sector.

Last edited:
Well I probably won't be entering this contest. Partly due to me really lacking inspiration lately and partly to School projects I still gotta complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back