Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that downloading files from the server will lag the players on the server, which is why downloading large files from the server is off by default. If the server wants to let people download the files, they can up maxsend so that they can download everything.

Questionguy555 said:
How about making it microphone compatible with a built-in voice modifier and a button that can be held down to speak to everybody instead of just your team? Personally, I think it's better than having to stop and most likely get shot just to say something.
There is a Ventrilo server for a reason, not to mention it would increase the minimum required upload speed quite a bit and lag the game to hell and back.

Error codes! It would make sigsegv troubleshooting a lot easier.
~DW edit: Isn't that what EIPs are for in logs?
SM reply: I mean like in the dialog box where it says signal_handler(): segment violation. It makes it easier to check, and noobs will have a higher chance of noticing it, making it easier for them to troubleshoot as well. They could simply go to the Wiki or ask us what the error code means, and we'd be able to understand them more easily.

jellybones69 said:
Take out SA mode. There is no reason for it to be there.
Why? If you want homing and lightdash you need to have it on. It's quite a useful tool if used properly.

Why would you need them on? Both are unnessecary. But maybe lightdash should be a sector effect or something.

Violo, use " around names for the quoting. Sorry if I seem like I'm nagging or something.
Jellybones69 said:
Why would you need them on? Both are unnessecary. But maybe lightdash should be a sector effect or something.
I think that them being separate level header utility, as someone has stated before, would be better. So for the levels that need a specific move, you have it.

Toaster said:
Spin-boost- the Race mode enhancer
In race mode, the Spin-boost ability gives the chance to start spindashing while the numbers appear. If you stop spinning before 1, your accel is greatly enhanced. Pressing spindash JUST after GO! gives a big Spin-boost. If you hold down Spindash and release on GO!, you are propelled forward slightly faster then an average 3- second hold spindash, but not much. If you hold down Spindash and don't release on GO!, you are propelled forward very slowly in your hurt frame. You stand up and regain control after a second. If your character has spin=0 in their S_SKIN, they will be in their running frames instead, indicating a Super-Peelout. All of these Spin-boosts only last for a second, 2 seconds at most. Inspired by Sonic Unleashed, based on one of the few good things that came from this wreck train of a game.
The Thok Dispute- Yay or Nay for Race?
Recently, otherwise GOOD (Sometimes not even this) levels have been classed as Thok-fests, levels where Sonic is king and Thokking is common. Should we keep the Thok for race? Some people are asking. I say, Nay. This not be good. Maybe replace in Race with a Double-jump? This would be fine. Also, maybe have Tails/Knuckles- paths for Race levels? This would further remove the danger that is Thok-fests. ~Tapika

Spin Boost - I swear that's more Sonic R than Unleashed, but I do like it more than a couple of other suggestions I have deemed good. However, the lower-end penalties are a little harsh, and if I'm honest, I'd prefer to race it the current way a couple of times.

Thok For Race - I agree here, for the double jump. In Sonic R, Sonic had a double jump, so I don't see why not for SRB2's race mode. It could balance him out as the fastest character.

I think an optional Flight-cancel, for flying characters would be interesting. There are lots of times while playing as Tails where I'd like to stop flying. :P

Toaster said:
The Thok Dispute- Yay or Nay for Race?
Recently, otherwise GOOD (Sometimes not even this) levels have been classed as Thok-fests, levels where Sonic is king and Thokking is common. Should we keep the Thok for race? Some people are asking. I say, Nay. This not be good. Maybe replace in Race with a Double-jump? This would be fine. Also, maybe have Tails/Knuckles- paths for Race levels? This would further remove the danger that is Thok-fests. ~Tapika
No. Just no. Let's try to keep some consistency between netgames and single player (or in this case, even, Race and other game types), m'kay?

fawfulfan said:
Here's a feature SRB2 needs for netgames.

Let's say, in the current version, that you want to join a server with lots of WADs added. You don't have any of these WADs, and can't find them manually. All of them are small enough to be downloaded from the server--except one. When you try to get on, not only can you not join, but the game doesn't even download the WADs you need that it CAN get!

I think the new version should download anything it can, THEN tell you that you can't join because one of the WADs is too big.

That would annoy me so. I mean, you got all that way just to be told you can't?

EDIT: Put the new post in here too, to avoid the double.

Hyper Shadic X said:
Jellybones69 said:
Characters should be able to hang on to ledges. (It could use the same sprite as the tails pickup.)

I thought of this being in the game too. Not using the Tails Pickup, though.

It wouldn't be a look to the past Sonic games, though. I'd prefer it as is, with the simple jump-on-the-ledge-or-fall. Provides more of a challenge element too.

glaber said:
Remove chat.
Remove chat and you practily destroy all future hangout servers shoud ther be a new master server.

NO. Keep the chat. The chat can be used for strategy, too. And would you rather feel like you're playing against a bunch of lifeless JTE bots? I would not. I tell you, I hate when people don't talk on a server. Chat should be kept.

Some people like to lay back for a while in SRB2. Get over it, Glaber. Hangout is never going to be eliminated as long as more than one person enjoys it.

See Cue closing the Master server.

Also have you tried multiplayer via nintendo wifi? basicly the same thing except in both cases the players make better (or worse) decisions than the bots.

Also I figured another option would be to use some sort of voice chat program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back