Jade Sunset underconstruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I'll use it to study and clean up things. This should help me learn more about making wads. ^^

PS: Could you rename yours to PrimeJadeSunset so we can keep track of different versions?

O.O

Something REALLY Freaky happened in Prime's version of Jade Sunset. I was Tails and flew up to the VERY top of the level. When I got up there, The screen went white and I heard a sound effect that sounded like thunder. And I don't mean the very top as in the highest platform, I mean the top as in the level boundary.

Sorry people I need to clean up my apartment and my windows machine is being a arse so the project is on hold until these things are cleaned up. But I have some ideas boiling in my head, so I'll see you next update.

i cant download it says the files isnt there or something

EDIT: nvm saw other download link

its cool

and whats with the green water when ur under it

and the emeralds r awome includin the master emerld thingy thats there

they should be more spread out on like the high look out spot

Sorry I am useing corected grammar now.

So what is with the water being greenish colored? is that a glitch? or is it supposed to be that way :wink: .

v.g.m. said:
Sorry I am useing corected grammar now.

So what is with the water being greenish colored? is that a glitch? or is it supposed to be that way :wink: .
It's intentional. I like it like that, it makes it feel more sea like. But the big wall ruins it.

Well I'm back but I still only have my apple system so the project is well... Still on hold. Once agian the water is sappose to be green I thought it looked nice think of a tropical climate some of the water is green!The walls are something I will work on and finally, there is no hyper Sonic in the newer and upcoming versions of the game itself.

Yes! Yes! YES !!!!!!!!!!!

I got my Win Xp Pro disk today and installed it! Running updates right now and than a omptimizasion is in oder so I'll have my Windows machine up soon. Man I can't balive that the Bios tryed to fight windows..... See you tomorrow!

Prime 2.0 said:
no, they won't. Supersonic is the only "super" character in the game, and for good reason: He's the only one that isn't a glowing recolor of the normal character. Plus, sonic's superform is one of the balancing factors about his character.

um, isn't supersonic just a yellow sonic? AKA a RE-COLOR? :?

Seanic said:
um, isn't supersonic just a yellow sonic? AKA a RE-COLOR? :?

Supersonic has his own sprites, unlike any other super character ingame.

Huh, when WAS the last time I played Super Sonic? :o

Yes, but you see, there's more to it than that. Super Sonic has longer hair, and turns yellow. Super Sonic isn't as much a recolor as much as a homage to Super Saiya-jin from Dragon Ball Z. I mean, one look at him in any of the Adventure games and it's incredibly obvious, with the aura surging up in the same animation and everything. It's a very well done homage to a very popular anime series, which was insanely popular in Japan at the time.

Also, the first time something is done is when it's original, and generally the best. Just look at any sequel that falls flat and you'll see that in full effect.

Mystic said:
Yes, but you see, there's more to it than that. Super Sonic has longer hair, and turns yellow. Super Sonic isn't as much a recolor as much as a homage to Super Saiya-jin from Dragon Ball Z. I mean, one look at him in any of the Adventure games and it's incredibly obvious, with the aura surging up in the same animation and everything. It's a very well done homage to a very popular anime series, which was insanely popular in Japan at the time.

Also, the first time something is done is when it's original, and generally the best. Just look at any sequel that falls flat and you'll see that in full effect.

Its funny, because supersonic came before super saiya-jin. The manga that first depicted one was distributed in 1992; the same year sonic the hedgehog 2 came out. The Sonic 2 beta, which held hidden palace(which was originally meant to be the place where sonic got his "super form"), came even earlier. In no way was supersonic a homage to DBZ, but instead an aspect of story/gameplay derived from chinese legend. Both DBZ and Sonic got their "supers" from there, not from each other. And simularities between the two is merely coincidence, and the fact that they got it from the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back