How To Find The Sonic, Tails, And Knuckles Sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMecha

Err.... I have been wondering if anybody knows how to get the sprites from srb2 into Paint. Or if you have a sprite sheet would you mind giving me them?
Thanks!

They are located in the plr files (Sonic.plr, Tails.plr, and Knux.plr)

You have to rename the plr to WAD and then use XWE to extract the sprites.

Spritesheet. ?
I would rather sorta have a sprite sheet. If you could do that that would be awesome. If you do make a sprite sheet make sure to make separate Sonic. Tails. and Knuckles Sheets.
Thanks!

No one must ever sheet SSN's sprites!
The moment that happens, you'll see his sprites all over the intarwebs without credits.

There are no spritesheets of SRB2's sprites, and this is intentional. The last thing we'd like to see are awful fangames all over the internet using the sprites.

Err.... I just want to make my WAD.... A PM would work. Since nobody but Admins and Mods can view PMs.
PM!! *Shot*

Wouldn't it be EASIER to just extract the sprites in individual files? That way when you load them into a new WAD, you don't need to rename any of the files.

No, you don't seem to get it. A spritesheet of the sprites _doesn't exist_. There's nothing to send you.

You could technically make one. I don't condone doing so (Mystic's made my reasoning perfectly clear), but, you know, you could.

Still, to do so, you'd have to use XWE anyway, so why bother? Just backup the file, and load the backup file into XWE. There, all the sprites, conveniently cropped and centered for your pleasure - like a sprite sheet, but with most of the work done for you. You can then load them up into Paint (I recommend using a different graphics editor mind, but that's me) at your own leisure.

All it shows is a little code when I load the backup file. No Sprites. Sorry if this is a useless bump. I just need help getting rid of the code and make sure the sprites are up.

Meh. I still need help on how to get rid of that little code.... I really need help on this..... :mrgreen:
That code stinks! * Beaned *

Yes. I load the plr file into XWE and all I get is a little code.... I even click the ALL button to make sure the sprites are in but it still just gives me a code........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back