8 Posts Per Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
Until Sepwich gets back to normal, I'm setting the Posts Per Page to 8, so that everyone can view the entire thread on a forum.

For those of you who don't have broadband and can download the page in less than about a second, sepwich has been cutting off generating the HTML from the PHP. You end up with something like this:

http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/Image1.jpg

How many were there before?

[Oh, and I get that page cutoff problem a lot. I thought it was a problem with my modem at first, but I suppose not. Coolies.]

It was 20.

Personally I'd prefer it to be 10 instead of 8; while 8's a nice, round number (especially when making graphics), it's a bit odd for a message board.

Agh, this makes lurking a lot more inconvienient.

It's like having to wait 5 seconds in the land of instant everything. *shot*

I was wondering why there were so many pages for my avatar thread.

What, did you think your topic was actually popular? lolololol *bean'd*

Here's a link to the thread on Sepwich forums:
http://www.sepwich.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1201#1201

Sep said:
I quoth the Sz of MoogleMB

"Very simple: connection timing out.

phpBB board pages are, uh, rather large. If your connection isn't hardcore, you (can) get that, especially if the server's running slow. Displaying less posts per page is really the only option for the user, apart from disabling images or taking other quick loading steps."

I believe you can up the conneciton time out time through about:config in firefox, but that's not available on IE. But why is anyone using IE anyway..

hotdog003 said:
Here's a link to the thread on Sepwich forums:
http://www.sepwich.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1201#1201

Sep said:
I quoth the Sz of MoogleMB

"Very simple: connection timing out.

phpBB board pages are, uh, rather large. If your connection isn't hardcore, you (can) get that, especially if the server's running slow. Displaying less posts per page is really the only option for the user, apart from disabling images or taking other quick loading steps."

I believe you can up the conneciton time out time through about:config in firefox, but that's not available on IE. But why is anyone using IE anyway..
What? I though that the problem was other (I simply have the pages half downloaded, getting a lot of posts missing and being able to see some of the code).

It's weird, because it never used to happen until about two weeks ago.

And no, it can't be higher than 8. 8 seems to be about the maximum posts that will show up before it barfs. Even reloading the page, sepwich will just say, "sorry, the page is completely loaded already, stupid."

I noticed that using GetRight, I can only download about 30k per resume while downloading something from sepwich. It's definitely a server config problem (because if it was just IE's fault, GetRight wouldn't be doing it).

SSNTails said:
I noticed that using GetRight, I can only download about 30k per resume while downloading something from sepwich. It's definitely a server config problem (because if it was just IE's fault, GetRight wouldn't be doing it).
The IE's fault is show the errors in the wrong way (check my previous post). Oh, other thing: when I get that error and I press F5 for reload, it reloads perfectly and the page is shown completely. :?

I heard that Avalonworks attacked Sepwich not too long ago. Nothing severe it seems, as I've been told that the network went back up immediately, but still, he might've screwed something up.

Well regardless, it's STILL pretty dang irritating that we have to put up with 8 posts per page - which is incredibly small compared to just about ANY other board I've been to - just because a few people are having problems... urgh, not fun. T_T

Sepwich completely went down about a week ago for about four days. It was completely disconnected- PING couldn't find it, HyperTrace timed out after the 13th hop... It was ugly.

hotdog003 said:
Sepwich completely went down about a week ago for about four days. It was completely disconnected- PING couldn't find it, HyperTrace timed out after the 13th hop... It was ugly.

Yeah I noticed that, pretty horrible. Well, at least I haven't hosted a phpBB site on sepwich. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back