MISSING: The game's sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

I don't know what exactly happened, but since yesterday, SRB2, and ONLY SRB2 has not produced any sound, everything else will make sounds, but SRB2, nothing. I've checked SRB2's Sound settings, restarted my computer 3 times, and reinstalled SRB2, no FMOD 118 shows up or nothing, just no sound, but what's strange is that the sound mixer shows that SRB2 plays sounds when it's active. No music, no sound effects, not a peep. The game still plays like usual regardless if it makes noise or not. The only reason I'm even posting about this is because I'm trying to test some sounds with lua, and despite the sound file being there and the lua working fluently, I won't hear a damned thing, and it kinda feels haunting actually. I only hope this problem has been brought up before and that a solution has been found.

Also DD's sound plays so I'm only guessing that something within SDL2 decided to break down and cause problems.

I don't know what exactly happened, but since yesterday, SRB2, and ONLY SRB2 has not produced any sound, everything else will make sounds, but SRB2, nothing. I've checked SRB2's Sound settings, restarted my computer 3 times, and reinstalled SRB2, no FMOD 118 shows up or nothing, just no sound, but what's strange is that the sound mixer shows that SRB2 plays sounds when it's active. No music, no sound effects, not a peep. The game still plays like usual regardless if it makes noise or not. The only reason I'm even posting about this is because I'm trying to test some sounds with lua, and despite the sound file being there and the lua working fluently, I won't hear a damned thing, and it kinda feels haunting actually. I only hope this problem has been brought up before and that a solution has been found.

Also DD's sound plays so I'm only guessing that something within SDL2 decided to break down and cause problems.
I kinda had the same problem too. Just take the contents of your SRB2 file and move it into a new one.

Play SRB1 Remake past the first zone and make sure MIDI playback is enabled.

(In other words, play a MIDI file ingame.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back