Is it possible to use lua to make Metal Sonic teleport correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

Tbh, I'm getting sick of metal sonic replays messing up because of a sector that forces the player to move somewhere else, would it be possible to use lua to make metal sonic work with the teleporters correctly? Or is this inevitable and the only thing to do is wait for the devs to actually want to fix this for 2.2? I'm seriously getting desperate with this.

Why would the devs want to fix it for 2.2? Our Metal Sonic doesn't teleport, we don't need it... ;)

I'm curious why you need to teleport Metal Sonic. If you're racing him, the race should be continuous so you don't lose track of him too much. Even at the end of the game's default race, he springs up on a spring removed after the replay was made through an intangible ceiling tile to get rid of him. I would imagine Zoom Tubes may be more friendly, too.

To answer your question: yes, but it would be hacky. You'd need to make a mobjthinker hook for the player that says if you enter a sector of certain type to do P_TeleportMove to a given location, and then copy and paste it for Metal Sonic. The reason it needs to be applied to both is to prevent desync of the Metal Sonic and replay.

Last edited:
The thing is, on the levels I recorded the races in, they happen to use teleporters that also teleport the player as well, but as explained (kinda) in the original bug thread, It sends the replay somewhere else then as intended for an actual player to move through there. It could be a corruption with the object itself, I'm honestly not sure.

You'd need to make a mobjthinker hook for the player that says if you enter a sector of certain type to do P_TeleportMove to a given location, and then copy and paste it for Metal Sonic. The reason it needs to be applied to both is to prevent desync of the Metal Sonic and replay.

Does this also apply to silent teleports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back