FOF teleport wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrzi

Now i'm doing bug fixing to tyrcity.wad, there is almost all teleports FOF'd, and it works only 1 time in netgame, but hoster can use it over 9000 times.
Now I tried another way to do it.

sector inside playable area
sector tag 1
sector outside playable area
linedef tag 1
linedef action 223
sector tag 2
2nd sector outside playable area
linedef tag 2
linedef action 300 (i used 301 last time and it work'd that 1 time for joiners)
same sector another line
linedef tag 3
linedef action 412
sector inside playable area
sector tag 3
teleport destination thing on sector tag 3.
=
nothing happen
If this wont work, what should I do to make teleport work?

Which sector has the tag 2? The control sector for the FOF? Because if not, that's your problem.

Try to use Sector Effect 4: Trigger Linedef Executor (Anywhere in Sector) instead of Sector Effect 3: Trigger Linedef Executor (Floor Touch, All Players) on the invisible FOFs.
The Floor Touch part isn't the issue, it's the All Players that's screwing things up.

But anyway, you could just use the Sector Effect 5: Trigger Linedef Executor (Floor Touch) on the target sector instead of using invisible FOFs. At least, according to your presentation video on youtube, you're using some teleporters that require stepping on the floor.

Why does everyone have this file and i cant find it at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NL5eLBEc6s
here, read description.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Try to use Sector Effect 4: Trigger Linedef Executor (Anywhere in Sector) instead of Sector Effect 3: Trigger Linedef Executor (Floor Touch, All Players) on the invisible FOFs.
The Floor Touch part isn't the issue, it's the All Players that's screwing things up.

But anyway, you could just use the Sector Effect 5: Trigger Linedef Executor (Floor Touch) on the target sector instead of using invisible FOFs. At least, according to your presentation video on youtube, you're using some teleporters that require stepping on the floor.

I'm not using floor touch, all players anymore, cuz I didn't know how it work'd, I tough it was like "all players are effected same way to this teleport" but nah, it's rly that every player must touch same point to have effect, something like that whatever.

now i'm using floor touch and anywhere in sector, but guess what, STILL nothing happens.

Why don't you upload your current work on the map, so we can take a better look?

Okay, your configuration is correct, the problem lies on some nasty map errors like some unclosed sectors and wrongly assigned one side linedefs.

Now, to fix those... I assume you're using SRB2 Doom Builder, so what you're going to do is literally hover the mouse over your "outside" area of the map, that is, not the area where you can play and see the sky but really outside your sectors, outside your thok barriers.

Well, if the map had no problems, as you would hover the mouse, you would see nothing out of the ordinary, but in this case you'll notice that a "sector" is highlighted where there shouldn't be a sector at all! This is an unclosed sector that may have shown up because you deleted some linedefs manually and not the whole sector.

So, as you encounter this "bad sectors" you just press delete to erase them. I counted 4 as I searched your map and one of them was around the area where you had problems with the teleporters. You should know that I found those in your map by following the multiple thok barriers on the outside with the mouse, as it was the easiest and fastest way to track them.

Okay, that's a problem solved (by now your teleporters should work with no problems), however you still have some linedef that is incorrectly assigned as one sided. To solve this issue, however, you only need to press F4 and then press the button "Check" to automatically find any map errors. Press the red error and it will show you which linedef is incorrect. To solve that just open said linedef properties and check the "Double-Sided" flag. Or you could just click the "Fix and Recheck" button... but personally I prefer to know how to correct each problem manually so I can avoid them much more easily.

The reason why you don't use the automatic bug fix on the first problem is because it will in most of the cases "solve" the problem in a wrong way (I tried doing that and it didn't erase the bad sectors).

Next time you resume your work on mapping, try not to delete any linedefs blindly as that only leads to this kind of messes. Instead select the whole sector in sector mode and press delete, that takes care of it nicely.

Okay, your configuration is correct, the problem lies on some nasty map errors like some unclosed sectors and wrongly assigned one side linedefs.

Now, to fix those... I assume you're using SRB2 Doom Builder, so what you're going to do is literally hover the mouse over your "outside" area of the map, that is, not the area where you can play and see the sky but really outside your sectors, outside your thok barriers.

Well, if the map had no problems, as you would hover the mouse, you would see nothing out of the ordinary, but in this case you'll notice that a "sector" is highlighted where there shouldn't be a sector at all! This is an unclosed sector that may have shown up because you deleted some linedefs manually and not the whole sector.

So, as you encounter this "bad sectors" you just press delete to erase them. I counted 4 as I searched your map and one of them was around the area where you had problems with the teleporters. You should know that I found those in your map by following the multiple thok barriers on the outside with the mouse, as it was the easiest and fastest way to track them.

Okay, that's a problem solved (by now your teleporters should work with no problems), however you still have some linedef that is incorrectly assigned as one sided. To solve this issue, however, you only need to press F4 and then press the button "Check" to automatically find any map errors. Press the red error and it will show you which linedef is incorrect. To solve that just open said linedef properties and check the "Double-Sided" flag. Or you could just click the "Fix and Recheck" button... but personally I prefer to know how to correct each problem manually so I can avoid them much more easily.

The reason why you don't use the automatic bug fix on the first problem is because it will in most of the cases "solve" the problem in a wrong way (I tried doing that and it didn't erase the bad sectors).

Next time you resume your work on mapping, try not to delete any linedefs blindly as that only leads to this kind of messes. Instead select the whole sector in sector mode and press delete, that takes care of it nicely.

I never EVER do such a thing called "Lol, I gonna remove these lines from this sector cuz i need more space to work"
I understood that problem long time ago.
but thanks, if this problem continues, I say "SNAP POP!!"

So wait, did you or did you not manage to "clean" all the unclosed sectors? Because those were the cause of your teleport linedef not working (and a few other actions).

Last edited:
So wait, did you or did you not manage to "clean" all the unclosed sectors? Because those were the cause of your teleport linedef not working (and a few other actions).
sry, i was almost week offline but whatever.
yeah I just fix'd unclosed lines but didn't test it yet... wait a min... HEY!!!! there is 1 unclosed line what i can't rly fix.

Still nothing!
Must there be some kind of linedef flags? like effect 1,2,3,4,5, no knuckles, no klimb, etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back